• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Generic RPG model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I'm on a project to make a model wich I can use for all my heroes in my map. One model for all heroes.

However the model is supposed to be very interactive.

I am gonna make these different kinds of animation sets for the heroes:

Wielding a one-handed melee weapon
Wielding a two-handed melee weapon
Armed with fist weapons
Wielding a bow
Wielding a gun/crossbow

My point is for example if you pick and equip a two-handed sword a trigger will call the "Wielding a two-handed melee weapon"-animation set just like "defend" or "alternative.

Well the set of animation would be like:

Attack 2h
Stand 2h etc.

For the first: Is this a good idea?
For second: Is there an easy way to use animations from different models already in the game?

For your first question: I suggest you use the preexisting animation tags in wc3, wich is:
Alternate (as in stand alternate, walk alternate etc)
First
second
third
defend
and perhaps a few more. Otherwise, i think you have to inform warcraft about the tag using triggers, but i suppose it's still possible.
For mounts, an excellent solution would be to make a "stand large" and add the large tag requirement to the mount.

For your second question, check out the tools section, tutorial section, or simply google oinkerwinkle anim transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.