• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

GCC on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey there,
Anyone knows of a way to get GCC on windows?

Ive tried in school on their computers to get MinGW but failed to do so :D and also I screwed on Cygwin badly

but is there a way to get pure GCC so I could use like Code::Blocks and GCC compiler for a better C++11 functionality then the Visual has(not much)

Thanks for your time

Level 23
already installed, it seems to have 0 updates for C++

I also just read a thread about how they are implementing variadic templates, non static data initializer, initializer lists etc to Visual 2013, and there will not be an update for 2012 for that things, so Thats why Im intrested in GCC now, because it has full C++11 support

The 2012 update actually allows for real variadic templates, but it's still missing some features like better type inference, delegating constructors and _good_ support for brace initialization (also a type inference problem ;/)

= delete would be nice too. :|
I had to change a lot of code when moving from Xcode using Clang as the compiler on Mac to Visual Studio on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.