• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Garnelsian Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Heyo peeps, so, i've decided to start making maps. Though i have not uploaded any maps, most of them are just basic melee and the sorts. Though i've made an rpg map last year, it was considered quite simple, the enviroment was also not quite good as it was messy, and ultimately i had not continued the map, forgotten about it, and took a break from War3.

However recently, i've started coming back to Warcraft 3 and got inspired by various Hive Workshop maps that lead me to return back to the World Editor. Instead of continuing the old project, i've started creating a new map, and of course, i've decided to implement some features i have not tried, thanks to hive's tutorials of course.

Oh boi, i talked a lot haven't i? well anyways, here is a screenshot of the terrain i have made in the small map. It isn't something to be boasted, but eh, guess i'll show what i've done so far. Feel free to share what you think about it! Have a great day/night ahead fellow Hive peeps.
IMG_20190711_231142.jpg

Note: the broken image link is the picture I've reposted. For some reason I was unable to remove the link, or I don't know how to.
garnelsian-snow-jpg.327795

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Coolio~ I'd like to know what the map would exactly be about. Such as the plot and gameplay and what exactly would feature in it. Also last image appears to be broken.

Heyo! Thank you very much for the compliment! Currently, the plot is still a work in progress, and the feature is also a plan to is yet to be thought out. But a short synopsis of the story would be given out.

Winter has arrive in the southern regions of Garnelsia, colouring the landscapes with white snow. Given by the weather conditions, only a few flora was able to sustain the cold weather, the rest was unable to sustain and hence, they had perished within the White snow. Despite the snow ridden landscape, the beauty was still preserved, as the leaves has not withered, and the snow was not too heavy to prevent adventurers and wayfarers to conduct their travels. Yet despite such beauty, there lurks unwanted dangers that pose a threat to the safety of the populace and the adventurers. Yet, if someone is skilled enough, danger wouldn't be a trouble for them. What lies in this snow ridden region? Who might inhabit this land? That is for you to find out for yourself fellow adventurer.

That is a brief synopsis on the story, so you get the insight its an adventure based story.

The features I was planning to add would be:

-> Custom weapons that is attached to the characters. (already added)

Note that more features would be added as soon as time progress! Ideas from anyone is very welcomed!

Also, the broken image is the same picture I've posted, but for reasons unknown, I can't seem to remove it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.