• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gaias dead again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yeah its dead. Zwieb makes the test of the new map just to tease people... You kidding right?

Level 1
I must say that this thread is not an absurd one and not trolling either! It's been months since the rumor got around that 1.2 was coming out soon, and yet even 1.1j hasn't come out yet.

I understand that it's hard work making a map but don't say it'll come out in a few weeks unless you're sure.

P.S. Darklycan, seriously, stop with all the crying, if you don't like a thead doesn't mean it should be closed.

Seriously its hard to give release dates. You can never know what happens (to your real life) during the next days... and if you don't throw out a release date from time to time, people will bother you over and over again about when it's done.
Some things you can not foresee, for example how long it takes to balance a boss or how much time it takes to make some chances to systems.

Currently the most limiting factor on the progress is that I have a very very old laptop where I am right now. I can not afford the 300 dollars for a new notebook currently. It takes 10 minutes to even open the map in the editor... and almost 30 seconds to change one single line of object data. When I'm at home, it's much better. I got my gaming machine there, but here its trouble to even start the map... Heck I got the feeling my mobile phone has more cpu speed than my laptop. XD

I released a closed beta map to some people last week and it contains almost all the features of 1.1j. So goddamn, It won't take long anymore... I just need to get a hand on my gaming machine again and create some items and its done. Just be patient a little longer. :/

Besides: Even if 1.1j gets delayed and delayed ... 1.2 won't. The limiting factor on when 1.2 is released is the terrain. It's always the terrain. However, vitoisimba, our new team member is a workoholic. Every day he puts a new version into the dropbox. Sometimes multiple times a day. It's awesome stuff he does there. Heck he almost finished half of the new dungeon terrain already. And its ridicolously huge... in fact D4 is much larger than all other dungeons together. I was thinking about adding a shitload of 6 or 7 bosses just to this dungeon, as there is enough space to do so.

So ... awesome stuff is going to come. Just keep cool for a while...

Level 5
Seriously its hard to give release dates. You can never know what happens (to your real life) during the next days... and if you don't throw out a release date from time to time, people will bother you over and over again about when it's done.
Some things you can not foresee, for example how long it takes to balance a boss or how much time it takes to make some chances to systems.

Currently the most limiting factor on the progress is that I have a very very old laptop where I am right now. I can not afford the 300 dollars for a new notebook currently. It takes 10 minutes to even open the map in the editor... and almost 30 seconds to change one single line of object data. When I'm at home, it's much better. I got my gaming machine there, but here its trouble to even start the map... Heck I got the feeling my mobile phone has more cpu speed than my laptop. XD

I released a closed beta map to some people last week and it contains almost all the features of 1.1j. So goddamn, It won't take long anymore... I just need to get a hand on my gaming machine again and create some items and its done. Just be patient a little longer. :/

Besides: Even if 1.1j gets delayed and delayed ... 1.2 won't. The limiting factor on when 1.2 is released is the terrain. It's always the terrain. However, vitoisimba, our new team member is a workoholic. Every day he puts a new version into the dropbox. Sometimes multiple times a day. It's awesome stuff he does there. Heck he almost finished half of the new dungeon terrain already. And its ridicolously huge... in fact D4 is much larger than all other dungeons together. I was thinking about adding a shitload of 6 or 7 bosses just to this dungeon, as there is enough space to do so.

So ... awesome stuff is going to come. Just keep cool for a while...

I appreciate the work that you've done and the work you're still doing for Gaia's and I don't think that you need to confess and/or excuse yourself, people will eventually stop playing current version and they'll come back when the new one is released - Im sure about that. It's just always been like that, we can't do anything about it - people just get bored of any game(although Gaia's seemed to take much of my time already unlike other games or mods).
But like I said, they will surely come back when the new version is released.

I just hope you'll keep the map alive, it's one of the best ORPGs around - in my opinion (and others' most likely too). Don't bother about the negative nancies.

Cheers.

Level 13
FLYFF IS HORRIBLY BROKEN but you're a nice guy.
6 or 7 bosses sounds pretty good zwieb

Level 4
i dont understand you people are completely mistaken, im not being one of the usual every single day people "HEY WHERES THE NEW MAP WTFBBQ" im saying it was told to be released months ago, thats a big difference from every day to like 3-4 months ago.

@bofu theres no updates bofu, idk where the fuck your looking for maps
@fifek its drake. in my sig

Level 13
Beta has been running for a couple of weeks now.
Stop coming back to have a whine.

Level 3
i dont understand you people are completely mistaken, im not being one of the usual every single day people "HEY WHERES THE NEW MAP WTFBBQ" im saying it was told to be released months ago, thats a big difference from every day to like 3-4 months ago.

@bofu theres no updates bofu, idk where the fuck your looking for maps
@fifek its drake. in my sig

We already have done 2 beta tests. I am sure that when you actually wrote "is gaias dead again" topic , there was already a topic for beta testers of the map. So basically your question was senseless since you could check for yourself that there is progress on the map...

Level 8
Don't even both with this guy bofu he is just a terrible troll. He thinks everything has to be released on date. NEWS FLASH this is the real world. Have you ever noticed wc3 was pushed back world of Warcraft was pushed back start craft 2 was pushed back Diablo 3 has been pushed back. Games don't always go according to plan wake up and get over your self you live in the REAL WORLD nothing more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.