• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Freeze and share help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1.Can someone show me how to make a freeze ability like in DotA where you can freeze the heroes from the circle that are left.
2.I need to know how players that left automaticly give share to the teammates just like DotA :)

10x ( I will give credit )

Level 16
Seas =)

• Freez
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Your Ability>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Share when leaving
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 1 (Red) units with his/her allies
1) For the freezing use an ability like "Stormbolt" with range 50 and allowed to target allys.

2) For the leaving Trigger do it with every Player.

Level 28
I'm not a "OMG, DotA is t3h r0ckz0r" kind of guy (in fact, I think DotA is boring), so erm...
Is the freeze-ability an AoE ability, or a target ability (in the last case, Dr. Boom has given you the right trigger :p)

Don't try to copy everything from DotA, though: keep in mind that original games are almost always better than copies.

Level 28
Already solved.

And DotA doesnt suck. Its played over the world and on leagues on competitive playing level.

Sorry, did I say it sucked? :O
You're twisting my words and going off-topic...
(That it's played all over the world and in leageus, etc... doesn't mean anything: I don't like soccer either, yet some people kill eachother if their team loses - it's just popular)

Level 12
DotA can be boring yes, but that's off the point really. For an AoE freeze you'll need a JASS function. I'll try it out and give you the results. Also, for the share trigger you'll have to add the action to give other player the gold, again I'll see and tell you. Good luck with this.

Level 12
Here it is. I'll give you a test map (too much writing :p). Remember to do this for all players accordingly.

EDIT:Add a Trigger - Turn off this trigger at the start of this, as first action. Helps with memory leaks.

EDIT:Here's the JASS code for the freeze spell. Create a trigger named Freeze (IMPORTANT) then go to Edit>Convert to Custom Text and paste this.
JASS:
function freeze takes nothing returns nothing
local group to_freeze = CreateGroup()
local group frozen = CreateGroup()
local location skill_position = GetSpellTargetLoc()
local unit freeze
call GroupEnumUnitsInRangeOfLoc(frozen,skill_position, 475.0, null) //The number (3rd in the parenthesis) is the spell's radius.
loop
set freeze = FirstOfGroup(to_freeze)
call PauseUnit(freeze,true)
call GroupRemoveUnit(to_freeze,freeze)
call GroupAddUnit(frozen,freeze)
exitwhen IsUnitGroupEmptyBJ(to_freeze) == true
endloop
set freeze = null
call TriggerSleepAction(5.00) //The number specifies the "wait" duration ,thus the freeze duration.
loop
set freeze = FirstOfGroup(frozen)
call PauseUnit(freeze,false)
call GroupRemoveUnit(frozen,freeze)
exitwhen IsUnitGroupEmptyBJ(frozen) == true
endloop
set freeze = null
endfunction

function condition takes nothing returns boolean
return GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A000' //You'll find the spell id by pressing ctrl+D while browsing its category in the Object Editor. 
endfunction

function InitTrig_Freeze takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Freeze = CreateTrigger()
call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(gg_trg_Freeze, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT) 
call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Freeze, Condition(function condition))
call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_Freeze, function freeze)
endfunction
I would appreciate +rep if this works :infl_thumbs_up:.
If it doesn't tell me what part doesn't work

Attachments

• TriggerAid.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.