• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Footies Map with JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If anybody would like to suggest a better name, perhaps one that could be abbreviated, would also be appreciated.

There are 4 Main Alignments, one for each team
For each Alignment, there are 5 Races

You don't need to worry about the red and green traits of each race, that is something I will be dealing with

Human Alliance - Team 1
-The Lordship: HP, Dmg, -Cost, +Spells
-Blood Mages: -HP, +Dmg, +Cost, +Spells
-Order of Light: [RAINBOW]Varies Greatly between paladins and priests[/RAINBOW]
-Dwarves: +HP, +Dmg, +Cost, -Spells
-Dragon Riders: ++HP, ++Dmg, ++Cost, -Spells

Tribal Horde - Team 2
-Orcish Horde: +HP, +Dmg, Cost, -Spells
-Trolls: [RAINBOW]Mixed[/RAINBOW], ++Spells, Cost, -HP
-Goblin Tinker's: [RAINBOW]Varies Greatly[/RAINBOW]
-Ogres: ++HP, +Dmg, +Cost, Spells
-Tauren: Similar to Ogres, Differentiating Spells and Abilities

Undead Union - Team 3
-Skeletal Army: HP, Dmg, -Cost, -Spells
-Black Scourge: -HP, -Dmg, --Cost, +Spells
-Cult Warlocks: --HP, ++Dmg, +Cost, ++Spells
-Possessed Treants: Hp, Dmg, Cost, -Spells
-Vampyres: HP, +Dmg, Cost, +Spells

Green Coalition - Team 4
-Elves:
HP, Dmg, Cost, +Spells
-Treants: ++HP, Dmg, +Cost, -Spells
-Furbolgs: +HP, Dmg, +Cost, Spells
-Druids: [RAINBOW]Varies[/RAINBOW], ++Spells
-Stone Giants: ++HP, ++Dmg, ++Cost, -Spells

Each one of these 20 Races are going to have at least 15 units each

Again, don't worry about race specifics, I just need suggestions for each race

//========================================================

This map utilizes custom resources and mines, and I currently have only few ideas of what they are going to be, if your unit uses any, list them

Here is a list of all the currently suggested resources, which I will update every so often:
JASS:
Iron
Lumber
Gold
Water
Oil
Souls
Gunpowder
Coal
Stone
Food
(I havent decided on the physical placements yet)

Not all of the resources here will be used. Again, any suggestions will be helpful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was the original post, I have edited a few pieces, here is the new layout for each race. Each race will have five tiers

Tier 1 - at least 1 unit
Tier 2 - at least 2 units
Tier 3 - at least 3 units
Tier 4 - at least 2 units
Tier 5 - at least 2 units

Others - Here the other 5 units will be placed, these are units that couldn't be considered in any of the tier categories, such as something that would fit more in a Tier .5, Tier 2.5, or maybe a Tier 7. These include holy creatures that are obscenely strong or strange creatures with odd and unique abilities.

Heros - Lastly, there will be 3 heros per race, each player can only choose one of the three, and to make the heros much less generic, only one player can use each race each game.

I haven't totally settled on the gameplay, but I figured the game could get real boring if all you start with is a single tier 1 creature that constantly respawns. Instead, I have considered making the starting resources enough for a combined army of Tier 1 & Tier 2 creatures.

Units I have considered so far...

Lordship
Tier 1 - Peasant
Tier 2 - Footman
...........Archer
...........Maceman
Tier 3 - Heavy Axeman
...........Yeoman
...........Long Swordsman
Tier 4 - Light Cavalry
...........Pikeman
Tier 5 - Heavy Cavalry
...........Champion
Others - Healer
............Javelineer
............Squire
............Catapult
Heros - Frontline Tactitioner (Intel) [spear-thrower]
...........Dual Swordsman (Agile)
...........Cavalry Commander (Strength)
*Each Hero will be based off of one of the attributes, these names will
actually be their proper names, the ones that are seen in the experience bar
Their real names, I will not decide until I have added all of the object data
to the map. Again, I am open for suggestions for hero names.

Blood Mages
Tier 1 - Trainee
Tier 2 - Apprentice
...........Bloodhound
Tier 3 - Adept
...........Breaker
...........Defensive Engineer
Tier 4 - Battle-Mage
...........Berserker
Tier 5 - Blood Mage Master
...........Heavy Battle-Mage
Others - Blood Knight
............Soul Trapper
............[RAINBOW]Blood-Beast[/RAINBOW]
............Fire Elemental
............Blood Flyer
*The Blood-Beast will be a little special, instead of purchasing a single
beast, it will spawn a random beast between
....- Blood Soldier (higher dmg)
....- Fire Slinger (ranged)
....- Blood Demon (higher HP)
Which will each be balanced accordingly
Heros - Berserker Champion (Agile)
...........Blood Summoner (Intel)
...........Archaic Blood Demon (Strength)

I WILL ADD THE OTHER 5 FINISHED RACES IN 2 DAYS

I will give credits for any ideas I use

Attachments

• Footies Map with JASS - vJASS Test.w3x
    253.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 12
Who said this was Footman Frenzy?

EDIT

Sorry, I forgot to upload the map ><

EDIT 2

I fixed up the resources system a little

EDIT 3

The resource control is fully functional for the first set of iron mines

Last edited:
Level 12
*Bump*

I feel as if the post had fallen from view :cry:

Anyway, I updated the resources system a bit, so now there are two fully functional sites for custom resources

EDIT

Wow, the first versions were bugged like f*ck, I fixed the mass unit spawn system, and I also edited the resource system a bit

They are both now fully functional, and if anybody would like to learn from them, they will always be here

Last edited:
Level 12
*Bump*

I haven't put up my latest improvements, as my flashdrive broke ><, but there are a few small bugs

The first thing I feel the need to say, is that the resource system only works for one type of resource at a time ><

So, my next update will include both the mass unit-type spawn system, as well as a custom resource system

For the custom resource system, I was even thinking about adding in some error messages that look exactly like the normal warcraft error messages, positioning, font, size, color, etc., even some sounds

At the moment I keep trying to keep this thread alive, because I can't think up any units for these races, and am focusing my efforts on crazy functions that will enable me to churn out spells in minutes

Level 12
Horrific Necropost

For anybody who was interested in this, I have decided to start it up again

So far, I have thought up 7 of the 20 races. When I fix my computer, I'll start adding in the object data

I'll edit the main post to accomodate for the updates.

The latest map version will also be added, although it isn't even considered a map, as it has a hell of alot of old, flawed code that will be changed later.

Level 12
For anybody who was interested in this, I have decided to start it up again

So far, I have thought up 7 of the 20 races. When I fix my computer, I'll start adding in the object data

I'll edit the main post to accomodate for the updates.

The latest map version will also be added, although it isn't even considered a map, as it has a hell of alot of old, flawed code that will be changed later.

What is your goal to put all these units and resources togethor?

Level 12
Ok, that sounds like a yes or no question, but I don't think 'what?' should be answered with a yes or no...

I'm going to personally enter the object data into the map, the reason I'm asking for some help, is because I could probably think up all of the units and heros in the game, but that would take a hell of a long time.

The other reason I've posted this, is because I simply do not know that much about all these different races. For the most part, I'm just gonna be pulling names out of my ass, adding some spells that seem to fit, then balancing them out, and *poof* 300 different units, and 60 different heros.

After I've added all the data to the map, and finished the code, then I'll come back here and ask for peoples opinions, some suggestions for Hero Spells, etc.

Once I've got the code and the units, then I'm gonna ask to get this project hosted, and get some modelers to help a bit.

I don't wanna ask now though, because this map is still in that, *might never be finished* category

But, again, with the units and heros added (regardless of models), much of the map will be finished.

Level 12
Ok, that sounds like a yes or no question, but I don't think 'what?' should be answered with a yes or no...

I'm going to personally enter the object data into the map, the reason I'm asking for some help, is because I could probably think up all of the units and heros in the game, but that would take a hell of a long time.

The other reason I've posted this, is because I simply do not know that much about all these different races. For the most part, I'm just gonna be pulling names out of my ass, adding some spells that seem to fit, then balancing them out, and *poof* 300 different units, and 60 different heros.

After I've added all the data to the map, and finished the code, then I'll come back here and ask for peoples opinions, some suggestions for Hero Spells, etc.

Once I've got the code and the units, then I'm gonna ask to get this project hosted, and get some modelers to help a bit.

I don't wanna ask now though, because this map is still in that, *might never be finished* category

But, again, with the units and heros added (regardless of models), much of the map will be finished.

Its not a yes or no question.
I'm just thinking, you don't have to add in 20 unique races.
All you have to do is make the game fun, and make the races more as skins then.

Like one race which can use a bunch of different units which would be different races.

I was saying that in terms of...
What do you want to accomplish by adding in all these races and Resources?
You could make it more about the gameplay then add the races after.

But both ways work out, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.
I just wanted to show you what I'm thinking.

Level 12
Yeah, a similar question has been running through my head the whole day,"What if I put in all these races and resources, and the game just sucks?"

Well, I haven't got an answer for that, and at the moment, it looks like this will just be another footman frenzy with a hell of alot of different units.

I think I'll need to rely on the inventivity of the skills of each hero/unit, this way people will actually want to play to see their armies in action, rather than just watch a bunch of guys kill each other over and over

One of the main problems of footman frenzy really is that its not too interesting, I mean, they just kill eachother, then you get gold for your hero, then repeat a few times, using the same un-interesting units, and then slaughter at the end with your hero

If that statement is as true as I hope it is, the remedy would be a hell of alot of different choices, all of them interesting, and the heros, cooler than DotA heros in terms of ability (don't forget, DotA your only dealing with spawns of 3 :wink:) are nerfed so that you don't just tome up

And then to just add to the fun, I've considered adding shops and the sort, One being a Swap-Shop, where you can switch your hero that you start with, with some insane foreign hero thats more fun

Lastly, the resources seem kind of pointless when you put it like that, but this way I figure it adds a little strategy, instead of just mindlessly sending troops, now your playing a sort of enhanced version of TechWars

EDIT - I apologize for not adding the new races, I have been busy with football, I will have the new list uploaded sometime tomorrow

Level 12
Yeah, a similar question has been running through my head the whole day,"What if I put in all these races and resources, and the game just sucks?"

Well, I haven't got an answer for that, and at the moment, it looks like this will just be another footman frenzy with a hell of alot of different units.

I think I'll need to rely on the inventivity of the skills of each hero/unit, this way people will actually want to play to see their armies in action, rather than just watch a bunch of guys kill each other over and over

One of the main problems of footman frenzy really is that its not too interesting, I mean, they just kill eachother, then you get gold for your hero, then repeat a few times, using the same un-interesting units, and then slaughter at the end with your hero

If that statement is as true as I hope it is, the remedy would be a hell of alot of different choices, all of them interesting, and the heros, cooler than DotA heros in terms of ability (don't forget, DotA your only dealing with spawns of 3 :wink:) are nerfed so that you don't just tome up

And then to just add to the fun, I've considered adding shops and the sort, One being a Swap-Shop, where you can switch your hero that you start with, with some insane foreign hero thats more fun

Lastly, the resources seem kind of pointless when you put it like that, but this way I figure it adds a little strategy, instead of just mindlessly sending troops, now your playing a sort of enhanced version of TechWars

EDIT - I apologize for not adding the new races, I have been busy with football, I will have the new list uploaded sometime tomorrow

It would kinda be a shame if you spent that much time on a map and it sucked. However, It might also be arsome. So yeah...

Hm.....
I like the way your thinking with the hero switcher....

If you need a mass attacker, you can check my "Tournament Playable Footmen vs Grunts" It features a single ability to mass attack to any location via Farsight and Gui. Its not Leak free, so you might have to do that (Not too hard [Set Temp group/Pick all units in temp group/destroy temp group]). I was just throwing it togethor for my game. My comp has been broken so I havent been able to work on it, but you can use the mass attacker. THat has ALWAYS frustrated me about Footmen Frenzy Maps.

Alot of Games are Repetitive. Angel Arena is a REALLY repetitive one (I use stone bash and its as simple as 1) STun 2) Attack while buying tons of HP and Dmg TOmes.) But the fact that I'm playing with other people makes the games are still fun (I think <.<)

I was going to work with some footy maps only this is what I was going to do
1) All the "Tiers" Would only be model/Scaling Size changes so they could all have, Small Lava Spawn, Medium Infernals or Large Mountain Giants. Each of those units would accell in HP or Attack Range. This would be able to be switched between at any point in time.
2) From there you Could upgrade your units with Damage and Armor.
3) THings like Upgrading Attack speed and HP regen were auras that you could get as Items for your hero which would stack and get brutally good.

But, imo, Having tons of Races makes things more exciting. I would do it just for looks though and not for actual gameplay value.

As for Resources.... I find that in alot of games, the player who gets the most money first seems to win the most. Adding a resources system other then kills might help to balance things out.

Level 12
For mass attackers, the game is gonna be a micro-manageable type, not like the evolution games

I very much dislike mass attackers, they can cause some bad unit lag, and for the most part, I don't want the gameplay setup so that you'd ever feel the need to mass-attack

Status
Not open for further replies.