• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Fog of War issue - Enemy can see when trees get destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm creating a Farmers vs Hunters style map where the Farmers have to hide inside the forests, but the problem is that the Hunters are able to see whenever trees get chopped through the fog of war. I feel like there's an easy fix to this issue but I wasn't able to find one... I feel dumb right now. :(

Would appreciate any kind of help and thanks in advance!

EDIT: I found the problem, I set the Fat Line of Sight for trees to True which caused it for some reason.

Last edited:
Level 14
I think there is something like "Animate in Fog" in the object editor that you can set to false. I'm not sure if that will work, but it's worth a shot

Level 1
I think there is something like "Animate in Fog" in the object editor that you can set to false. I'm not sure if that will work, but it's worth a shot
Unfortunately that's only for normal doodads, while trees are under the Destructibles tab and don't have that field. Also apparently it only works for waterfalls.

I still am yet to find a solution, any help would be much appreciated! This is the most significant bug in the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.