• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

flying height trick and metamorphesis problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
as everyone knows most of the leap spells use a flying height trick which base on metamorphesis type of spell.
and i hav a hero whom has a jump spell(use fly height trick) and also a metamorphesis spell as ultimate. my problem is everytime the hero learned the ultimate, the fly height trick wouldnt make the hero jump up anymore. :( (it would juz like the hero blink to the target instead of jumping up and land to the target)

i also changed the metamorphesis to other same type of spell such as chemical rage, but the problem still exist :evil: !

btw, some of the jump spells use castersystem for damage function or such else. does that mean i hav 2 copy da whole castersystem script 2 my map nd da variables?

Level 4
but meta is ultimate, the hero will obviously learn jump first, then meta. therefore i still hav 2 add the trick. is there any way 2 avoid that?

nd also the alternate unit 4 the trick must be a flying unit, the normal meta use the foot one. u telling me not to add the trick if it has the normal meta, then i dont think the unit will 'jump'...(if u know wat i mean)

well juz give u the case: i hav a Grom hellscream which has a 4 lvl jump spell use the trick, nd a 2 level ultimate spell based on meta which transfers it to Fel orc Grom. the hero does jump before he learned meta, afterthat, (in both Fel orc form and normal form) it only 'blinks' to the target...ye, thatz the prob i got :?

Level 7
Hmm I know what you mean, when the guy starts jumping I suggest making a trigger pause the caster, then remove the metamorphasis that is messing up the jump. Store the level in a variable so that once the spell runs its course you can unpause and put the skill back on. If that doesn't work then you could always drop the ultimate and use triggers to mimick one. But what I suggested should work(I hope)

Level 3
Never use flying height trick's based on Metamorphosis...

Use Medivh's Crow Form ability... Your Heroes probably don't use it, and you doesn't need to modify it... 8)

Level 11
Explanation: It's strange but you have a point there... Metamorphosis doesn't have its fly height permanently increased, but only when it is cast. Notice how the DH rises a little from the ground when he just becomes a demon and jumps somehow a little in the air. That's the period probably accepted by the flying trick.

Crow form on the other hand is permanent. Te crow rises in the air and lasts there until the spell is uncast. That is why the flying trick will last as much as you want.

Cazat: Just add the ability and remove it immediately. The unit automatically gets the flying trick stuff.
Blade.dk: Good idea!

~Daelin

Level 3
cazat:
so juz add crow form instead of trick(base on meta)? i dont hav do any editing to the crow form ability?

Yes... :wink:

But as I always uses Medivh's Crow Form I'm not quite sure the NE one will work... But I can't see any reason why it shouldn't... But MEdivh's work...

Level 25
I'm thinking the reason is that you have two spells based of Metamorphosis

Morphing spells don't play well with others that have the same base (Try something with two abilities based off Bear Form for an example), I'd use the Alchemist's morph instead of Metamorphosis

Level 4
yes, i hav 2 morphing spells, (one is in the trick, one is the ultimate), but actually change the type of morphing spell wont work. 4 example: i tried use meta 4 the trick and chemical rage 4 ultimate; and i tried use crow form 4 da trick and other for ultimate, they all wont work.

actually Xipe_Totec got my point, but i couldnt clearly get his point :roll: as how to apply these...

so far all i can do is not use another morphing spell, but that really piss me off, coz i really want Grom to hav the 'demonic morphing' for his ultimate :(

Level 10
Well all you need to do is add and remove the ability whenever he casts and it should always fix the problem. I'm assuming that that way would always refresh the flying trick regardless of the ultimate.

If you're already doing that, then i'm not sure. i'll try something like that myself.

Level 2
morphing:

instead of using metamorphosis, try using crow form or raven form. bear form might even work if you adda height, and dont forget you need to change what usit the morphing turns it into, and make it a hero ability otherwise it wont be ultimate. :D

Level 11
Problem solved (via email). The problem was the code of the spell. Next time when you use flying trick stuff, add it in the code of the spell itself, not in a separate trigger and add/remove the crow form each time the unit uses the flying trick in a trigger. Thread closed!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.