• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Floating System Request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Do you guys know the system that whatever is typed in chat by enter...can be shown as a floating text to your screen just above your hero?
Well i'd like to request a system like it,i know some maps that have it and i also saw 1 tutorial somewhere about it,but i can't seem to make it work...So is anyone interested in making me one?I want it some kind of...prototype :D
It will be used in my map,so credits will go to the maker of it and of course +rep!

Level 15
No,i don't want it permanent,it should fade after a bit,probably the same time when chat disappears from screen.Also could you do this?I mean making the floating text like these letters?If so it would be great...
And i'd prefer that to be done in GUI,cause i trigger in GUI myself and i don't know much of Jass just the basics.

Level 15
ok,cool i like it...But i want some changes!As i told before is there any way to make letter look like these?(italic)
If it can't be done nevermind....
I also want the text to stays above the unti and not to go up up up up until it disappears.Can you set the time for it to disappear to be the same as in chat?I mean the text above the unti should dissapear the same time when it disappears from the chat screen.Thx!!

Level 9
ok,cool i like it...But i want some changes!As i told before is there any way to make letter look like these?(italic)
If it can't be done nevermind....
I also want the text to stays above the unti and not to go up up up up until it disappears.Can you set the time for it to disappear to be the same as in chat?I mean the text above the unti should dissapear the same time when it disappears from the chat screen.Thx!!

I can, but the text will just hoop together to something not-understand able before it get removed.
So i will recommand: Not (I can make so last massage get deleted after you have typed a new one, but that will work so everyplayer can delete a text from other people.)

About that Italic, i think thats Impossible, i can take a look..
(I make text biger and smaller)

EDIT:
I cant make it Italic, i cant do so it stays overhead (Will destroy the "cool" function in it, and will make it be very, very, very bad looking (And you cant read the text)).

So if there is anything else you want me to say i cant do, just ask ^^
Else, i hope it is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.