• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fix (or tell me how to fix) this model

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a common problem I find in models, where parts of them attach to other units. However, it occurs a lot more when the model plays its death animation.

For this particular model, his spear attaches to nearby units. His hat also attaches to other units when he dies.

I have no idea what causes this problem, and I would be really grateful to anyone who could help me out. I have already tried hiding the corpse in his other animations using GeosetAnimations, but that did not fix the spear problem. I have also confirmed there are no invalid GeosetAnims. I have also tried recalculating extents, to make sure there were no negative maxes and positive mins.

Here is the source for the model: The Great Troll War Mod Compendium! - Wc3C.net

Attachments

• Pikeman.blp
    528.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Pikeman.mdx
    50 KB · Views: 26
Level 14
Hey, if you are still looking for a fix to this model, I have fixed it by assigning the spear mesh to the Weapon bone.
I also made a Geoset animation for the decay corpse so it appears only in decay animations.
Can't see a problem with the helmet though.

Attachments

• Pikeman2.mdx
    50 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.