• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

First terrian, Needing constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I just started working on my first terrian about three days ago.
It would be helpful if someone could take a look at my terrian, and point me in the right direction. Repuation for those who take their time. xD

Attachments

• Untitled Project.w3x
    372.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 2
Nope. It may be more convenient but you can only see portions of the map. So illd rather have someone give me feedback by my entire map. not screenies.

Yeah, thats what I meant xD
I dont like blizzard cliffs. Also the ramp tool doesnt work half the time
So thats why it was so troubling. D:

Level 34
Screen shots receive a lot more attention than maps. I don't really feel like down loading something just to critique it, when you could simply upload and image or two.

Level 2
Well, Im not making terrian just because.
Im planning on making a map, just with terrian that is horrid to look at.
And I cant see how anyone can give give criticism based on a screenshot or two. :/.

Level 15
Go to "upload" at the bottom of the post page. That is your ticket to heaven.

Down to business... You need to space out your trees more and make them bigger, as well as add tile/height variation. Just check out the tutorials at wc3campaigns.net (sorry, none at the hive). Go to the "Terrain" forum and look for the stickied tutorial thread. Your path is before your feet. Now TREAD!

Level 34
The trees are the biggest turn off right now. You do have some tile variation, and some height variation, but it needs to be better still. Your variation seems to be best near towns, and outside them there practically is none. Try adding tiles under trees and clump doodads like rocks and plants. Place a tree, add a couple rocks under it, some grass if you imported any, and then a shrub or two. That always looks nice.

Level 34
You can, but it often looks nice to have a couple types of grass, and there are some sexy grass models out there. They are also low in size if you worry about that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.