• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!

[Spell] Fire bolt that deal AOR and DOT

Level 12
heloo i want to make a fire bolt on auto cast that deals area of effect and dose fire damge over time but i am not sure how to start pleass help 🙏 🙏 :spell_breaker:

Level 25
You will need some offensive auto-cast ability as a base (e.g. Parasite, Curse). Detect when a unit casts this auto-cast spell, create a dummy for that player, give it a Firebolt and order the dummy to cast the spell on the target.
Then detect via triggers when unit takes damage from the Firebolt/from the dummy and deal AoE damage.
As for the AoE damage + burn, you could use a modified Rain of Fire ability, as that applies damage + burn per wave, so you could modify it to just send a single wave and hide the fire rain effect

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Step 1: Find an auto-cast ability that behaves how you want. Slow or Curse comes to mind. Edit it to have no effects since we're going to trigger the effects ourselves.

Step 2: This really depends on what you mean by a Firebolt that deals AoE damage and damage over time, but I assume it's like Acid Bomb but with an initial impact damage.

I would personally use Chopinski's missile system since it's so easy and powerful. I attached a map with an example that you could use to get started.

Attachments

• Chopinski Missile Demo 1.w3m
    78.3 KB · Views: 0