• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fiend burrow ->as walk animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi,

The burrow model for the fiends can only be used when standing still.
When they move, the fiend itself appear again, instead of the "earth hole" which i need.
So could anyone redo it, so every animation is the same?

Thank you.

Level 7
I was just about to do this request for him and change the animation tags but..

Actually Cavman, the burrow ability does not morph the unit like Bear Form or Stone Form, therefore it doesnt use the unit's "Alternate" animation. If you check the Crypt Fiend model, it doesnt have any Alternate Animations only the following:
Code:
Attack, Death, Decay Bones, Decay Flesh, Stand, Stand - 2 , Walk

Both the Burrowed Crypt Fiend and Crypt Fiend use the model pathing of:
Code:
units\undead\CryptFiend\CryptFiend

I cant seem to find any "Alternate" tags as I would with the Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Talon, Gargoyle/Gargoyle (Stone Form) etc..

Level 7
Oh thank you, I forgot that the Burrow ability was only Frozen Throne.

Anyways here I have provided you the model. I kept the Stand Alternate animation and added the new Stand Walk Alternate so that when hes in alternate and doesn't move, he will also use the Stand Alternate.

I hope you like it, dont forget to +rep (;

Attachments

• CryptFiend_burrowed2.mdx
    127.6 KB · Views: 80
Level 5
sadly, it doesn't work.

The "stand walk alternate" isn't like the the 'stand alternate' like it should be, it still shows the crypt fiend when moving.But in addition, it doesn't move its limbs, while instead creating crazy whirlwinds of sand and dust.

:(

Edit:It's also showing it's decay animation in the "stand walk alternate".

Level 7
Oops sorry I made a very simple mistake, it was supposed to be only "Stand Alternate" and "Walk Alternate" not "Stand Walk Alternate".

Sorry I had a lot of things going on in my mind and I wasnt really thinking at the time. Here you go, an updated mdx file.

Attachments

• CryptFiend_burrowed_modified.mdx
    127.6 KB · Views: 84
Level 5
plain and simple with burrow ability.I dont even need the fiend, not one bit but the "hole".It would be so great if there was just a model just being that hole.
When i skip through the animations i can see how they'e looking and only the "stand alternate" looks like a hole.While the walk alternate shows this strange behavior(dust and fiend).I don't exactly see how i can trigger this differently; thus making the walk alternate looking like the stand alternate.

Level 7
So you said you just want a model of a "hole". I have edited all the animations except for Morph and Morph Alternate so that the animations for the unit burrowing and unburrowing are still displayed in tact. The rest of the animations are only when the Fiend is underground.

Hope you like it! If you liked this model, dont forget to +Rep for the help :)

Attachments

• CryptFiend_hole.mdx
    127.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 5
Im so sad... :(
Now it shows this crazy animation even when standing still, it doesn't show the hole, no matter what the unit does.

I've taken a screenshot.

Attachments

• underground bug.PNG
    underground bug.PNG
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 682
Level 7
You might want to use a modified Bear Form ability and not Burrow to move around. Burrow is designed to make the alternative form immobile, so unless you would like it to not move its suggested you try Bear Form.

Burrow is pretty much just Bear Form with the Ghost ability by definition.

Level 5
Exact same bug, no difference.

And i need that ghost ability, its the reason why i need it.I don't get why the model shows off all these crazy animations, isn't it possiblee just to create an incredible simple model, that just looks like that hole?A model with no features or ties to these other animations, since they clearly destroy it.

Level 7
Oh okay, well you said just a hole model so... here you go! No more fancy animations. I had problems with the animation as I was unable to control the particles at all with Warcraft Model Editor and im currently having animation import issues with 3ds max, so I yeah.

Sorry about that.

Attachments

• hole_minode.mdx
    40.2 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.