• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Farmer vs Hunter 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Farmer vs Hunter remake / update

Hey everybody!

I'd like to start the continuation of Farmer vs Hunter.
First of all, I hope its not forbidden to ask for any unprotected code of a Map but since it has obviously been edited lately, there's gotta be someone out there who has an unprotected map file or knows how to evade the protection. I also saw that rednek hasn't logged in for a year or so, else I would have asked him.

This is one of my favourite map and I played it lots of times, but if I get a little feed in the first few minutes I'm suddenly in control of the whole map.
I had more than 20 grunts after not even 10 minutes of gameplay, scanning the whole map and killing everybody. I also had more than 20 poison towers. I demolished 2 magic walls in one game today and I could have just used a peon building a poison tower that kills the farmer while repairing. My point is, the map needs a little more balancing.

Now here are my thoughts on the map's weaknesses or problems:

- Hunters can build limitless units and towers when there's enough gold. I'd like to change that by introducing food cost for hunter: grunts & headhunters cost 1 food, poison towers costs 5 and orc hive provides 5 food. Hunters also start with 5 food. That means: you'll have to build some orc hives if you want an army of grunts, delaying the whole process and balancing there.

- Revealing a part of the map (far sight) in research center for farmers is way too cheap! in end game, you can easily reveal the whole map. I'd set the cost to 200-500 to prevent spamming. Another Idea would be to implement a flying recon unit like helicopter and removing this revealing ability.

- There's a glitch that allows you to build multiple golems - this needs a fix

- I met 2 players today denying each other and repeatedly sending me their gold for no reason. I had 500 gold after 1 minute. That's a kind of gold glitch we don't want right? How about you have to build a kind of marketplace first before you can send money to teammates?

- Also, there are some people out there playing farmer vs farmer, killing the others and chopping down trees to make a second entrance in the base :(
The only solution I can come up with is to make denying only possible with a tower. If you have a base and somebody comes in, you'll have to build a tower fast and make it kill him.

- the command -clear animal is mostly used to prevent hunters from gaining proper gold and xp. It should at least be disabled while you're dead.

- I'm also thinking about a new weapon with splash damage or anything else than multishot tower to harm the merc masses. Maybe even new skills like stomp or shockwave for hunters?

I'll certainly come up with more Ideas.

I'm not a great coder but I understand code when I read it and carefully changing several values shouldn't be a problem for me. Although I could use a hand with Jass, I tried some other programming language basics so I won't get far alone.
I tried to edit several versions of the map, although the part that's coded is hidden. I expected that. I could use any support there is, any hints on who to contact for an unprotected code somewhere between version 3.5 and 6.8 would be a great start for me.

I already posted similar requests for cs 1.6 and sa:mp where I needed coding backup and unfortunately they remained almost unanswered. I hope you people won't dissapoint me :)

greetings,

Fowst

Last edited:
Level 1
Still looking for somebody to get involved. Rebalancing of the map is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.