• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Expansion of the map size in the latest patches Classic WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Try JNGP Lua Edition. Did JNGP fail at increasing map size for that patch or was it that you could not get it working for that patch?

This version of JNGP should have an easier time detecting your installation with the simplified code in the file findpath.lua.
The description of version Lua seems to say that it is designed for patches 1.28+. I tried to download the standard JNGP, but it broke my World Editor...

I had a problem with JNGP before, but I thought it was due to the fact that I was using an outdated version, it did not start JNGP itself, but without damaging the editor.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am confused. Are you asking for something that supports the latest version of Warcraft III? Or for something that supports the legacy version 1.27a of Warcraft III?

For 1.27 use JNGP. It might need a 1.21 executable to run. WEX also supported some legacy versions between Reforged patches and 1.21 so might be more appropriate. Both JNGP and WEX should be able to bypass the map playfield size limit and allow for maps up to 480x480 tiles.

Level 5
I am confused. Are you asking for something that supports the latest version of Warcraft III? Or for something that supports the legacy version 1.27a of Warcraft III?

For 1.27 use JNGP. It might need a 1.21 executable to run. WEX also supported some legacy versions between Reforged patches and 1.21 so might be more appropriate. Both JNGP and WEX should be able to bypass the map playfield size limit and allow for maps up to 480x480 tiles.
Yes, I need a program that works with 1.27a.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but WEX opens the usual world editor.

Level 5
It is meant to look like the usual World Editor but should have some extra features available including the ability to remove some limits like the limit on map size. It works by injecting extra functionality into the existing World Editor, if it is working correctly.
JNGP adds several of its items to the control panel, WEX does the same? If so, then this did not happen. Or are its functions displayed differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.