• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Envenomed Spear on custom unit

Level 2
Hi, I'm pretty new to the map editor and am having trouble with something. I made a custom unit and gave it the Envenomed Spears ability. I also modified the Envenomed Spears to not have any prerequisites (by removing everything from Techtree - Requirements). However, when my custom unit attacks an enemy the poison effect is not applied. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here but I'm not sure what it could be. The ability does show up on the custom unit when selected. Does the custom unit's attack have to be of a specific type to make this work (maybe it has to be ranged or piercing or something like that)? I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this, thanks.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Envenomed Spear is an Orb effect and will NOT apply on splash damage like from an Artillery attack. Also, Orb effects cannot stack so you need to be sure that you don't have another one interfering. There's also a chance that you forgot to remove all of the Requirements from the ability or whatever you're attacking isn't on the Targets Allowed list.

Add the ability to an Archer and have it attack another Archer, if it still doesn't work then it's likely a Requirement issue.

Last edited: