• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Elemental Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello

I'm making an AoS and have been working on it for awhile. However I ran out of ideas for an elemental mage. So i basicly need some elemental spells, I don't care if it's passive or not. If I use the idea, the creator of the idea well get credits in my map ofcourse.

Level 10
Fire Spells

Burning Wounds
The fire mage orders his (something) to rip up big wounds in a target enemy unit. The wound gives him reduced ms and attack rate + the target takes a littl damage over time from the burns of the (something)'s claws.

Sun Rain
(Fire mage 's proper name) uses his magical powers to cause the sun to fall apart. The sun rains down over all the map and damages ALL units (including yourself). The damage taken is a DoT type damage and your allies and yourself does only take the half of the damage that your enemies take.

Exploding Candle
The fire mage lits a candle. The candle explodes when an enemy unit walks on it, or it just explodes after 50 seconds dealing ? damage to all units withing an area of ?.

Water Spells

Waterize
Damages all units in a target area. It also shoots them up in the air (like kunkka's spell in DotA). All targets will turn into waterelemntals for a medium high amount of seconds. The water elemetals has weak health and poor fighting ability.

Liquid
The mage sends out liquids to all heroes around it, the liquid deals 50 damage on impact then it deals 10 damage per second, they also get the "fairy fire" buff on them so that you can see them. Lasts 20 seconds.

Will come with more if i get my mind to work =D

Level 11
LIGHTNING

Heart Shock
An hero is shocked and paralized for 15 seconds. 5% chance to actually kill teh hero.

Lightning

Very simple, a light bolt shoots from the air for damage. Extra damage when it has a water effect on him and 40% chance to ignite the unit.

WIND

Wind barrier

The hero uses tornadoes to keep his enemies away.

What goes up goes down

The hero summons a tornado to lift teh enemy, then drops its to deal X damage and stun everybody around the area of impact.

Level 4
For the Darkness or Shadow spells

Void Shift

Teleports the caster to a distination and slows all units within a range of 500 movespeed by (Your choise) and deals (Your choise) damage to all within a range of 300.

Shadow Path

Creates a shadow path (Just a unit with a shadow model) that moves to random directions with fast speed around the caster (Your choise on move time), the shadow path will make the caster invulnerable everytime he touches it.

Shadow Strangle

Summons shadows from nearby enemy units on the target unit dealing (Your choise) damage, damage stacks. When 10 seconds have past, the target unit will lose (Your choise) move speed and take (Your choise) damage over time. Lasts for 15 seconds.

As ultimate

Dark Chaos

Puts every friendly unit into a sleep and awakes the darkness inside them. This will turn all friendly units armor to >Divine< and their attack type to "Chaos", they will all have bonus damage (Your choise, Command Aura) and move (Your choise, Endurance Aura)% faster. Lasts for 10 seconds.

>If my ideas dont help you, please tell me<

I hope these ideas can others to!

Level 4
For the Wind spells

Wind Wave

Creates a Wave of Wind that strikes to the distination the caster wants. When it hits somebody, a new lesser wind wave with less damage will strike to the unit and damage all on its way, when the lesser wind wave hits somebody, another mini wind wave will come and strike as the lesser.

Tornado Spin

Turns the caster into a very huge Tornado that swiches positions of all units within 600 range and slows their movement speed by (Your choise).

Wind Rush

Charges on the target unit dealing (Your choise) damage, but when the caster hits the target, every other target within 400 range will be striken to.
The effect does not stop until all targets within 400 range of each other is hit. The damage gets lower and lower from every target by (Your choise).

As ultimate

Heavy Wind

Creates a heavy storm of wind that damages all units on the entire map by (Your choise) every second. Lasts for (Your choise) seconds.
(Immolate, Wind Model over entire map)

>These ideas can be impossible to make on W3, i am just telling ideas<
I hope these ideas can others to!

Level 10
Engage (Nature, Ice, Fire.) (You can name it what you want.)
The mage slams the ground forcing 3 elemnts to shoot waves from the mage. Nature, deals 50 dmg and entagling roots all units in its way. Ice, freezes all units in its way dealing 5 dmg per second. Fire, deals 100 dmg on impact and then it burns the units in its way so they cant attack or cast spells.

You will give credits?

Edit: You said you would didnt notice _=D

Last edited:
Level 11
Trough the fire and the flames[Ultimate]

The mage creates a path of fire in front of him, burning enemies for 15 damage per second.
Then teh mage goes trough it with wind force, damaging units in the way for 150 damage and teh fire spreads further.

Level 19
My favoruite non-trigger idea
Based on Tornado (ya channeling summon)
You summon a GIANT phoenix with no attack but powerful phoenix fire
has slow moment speed and controlable by you

Level 9
Trough the fire and the flames[Ultimate]

The mage creates a path of fire in front of him, burning enemies for 15 damage per second.
Then teh mage goes trough it with wind force, damaging units in the way for 150 damage and teh fire spreads further.

Lol it's a song from Dragon Force. xDD

Edit: You maybe can use different spell-element-trees, so you can combine or use runes to get different spells.

Spells: Enlarge[Wind or Storm]: Blowing a unit up with much air, it get enlarged and so it is easier too hit. 20-50 percent more damage taken over 10-35 seconds. (You can change this).
Flame Orb [Fire]: Every unit which is killed by the hero, explodes in pieces of magma, damaging all units near it.

Level 10
Nature

Leaves
The mage summons a tree that shakes itself, when it shakes it drops leaves.
The leaves will stay where they land and the tree will disapear. After 15 seconds they get "activated" so that when some1 walks on a leaf it kinda explodes dealing 25. When a leaf explodes it splashes, all leafes withing a range of 50 also explodes. Amount of leaves is increased every level.

Natures Fire
Burns a target area with waves of green natured fire. The units in the target area is unable to move/attack/cast any spell during the process of the fire. This includes allies and people entering the burning area during the process.

Lightning

Ternal Lightning
The mage uses all his power to create a stormy weather. The weather lasts for 35 seconds. During the storm lightning strikes enemies all around the map damaging them for 250 damage. All units can be hit maximum 3 times. It has a 5% chance that the mage itself gets hit by a larger lightning bolt that kills it instantly, it also has 25% chance to deal 50% of your current hitpoints.

Touch of Lightning
The mage casts a lightning on an enemy unit. The lightning jumps 4 times on enemy units. All units that gets hit by the lightning is linked together. When they are linked they share all damage taken, but they also take 3% of their maximum hp every 1 second. Lasts 15 seconds.

Fire

Hells Option
(Proper name of the fire mage) targets an enemy unit giving it 2 options. Either it can be sent to hell and burn for all eternity or join you to fight against his former allies.

Burning Blades
Summons a powerful hell gaurdian. The gaurdian has splash attack and high damage, but it has a slow attack speed, also the guardians have the "Fire Blades".*

*Fire Blades
Gives a 10% chance to instantly kill a unit (non-hero).

Water

Gaiser
Creates a high pressure hole in the ground. The hole is all the time filling itself with water, it takes 4 seconds for it to be full. When it is full it blows all the water up in the air dealing damage to all nearby units. The hole lasts a random number between 5-20 seconds.

Depth
(The target must be on water)Drags all units in a target area down under the surface. This causes the units inside the area to get panic and to freeze. When they are paniced the just try to get themselves over the surface. After about 7 seconds when they finaly get over water they start to freeze making them slower.

Level 8
Fire Spells

Fiery Path

Creates a path of fire in front of the caster, when the caster enters the path its movement and attack speed increases, however, any enemy that enters the path will burn and will take damage over time.

Burning Will

Creates a fire shield around the caster, the shield will damage nearby enemy units. But if enemy units attacks the caster, both units will take damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.