• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Egyptian Duststorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Probably gonna be my last submission for awhile.

Pretty soon Ill update some of my older ones and then start a showcase with the ones that are suitable.
UPDATED:
Thanks for the comments guys!
C&C plox!

Attachments

• Egyptyness.jpg
    Egyptyness.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
I'm in love with the background! but i found the foreground quite boring, the tileset variation is quite wierd, and the bushes are too big compared to the rocks.. and the green on the rock cliff doesn't help either.. :D but beside that, all the setting is great and so is the atmosphere!

Level 23
Opposite to Mr. Goblin, I mostly like the tile work, except of some minor flaws, for example the two "dirt orange" dots on the right side in the middle of the sand.
But I have to agree with Mr. Goblin regarding the green part of the stones. I know there is not to much you can do about it, but still they do not look right here :/
Another thing that does not look right for me is the blue flag..
Anyways. The atmosphere is great and I love the composition, especially the rock work in the background is stunning. I really like it.
I would have loved to see some more ruins next to the eyecatching pillar though (not big ruins, but a few minor things wouldn't have hurt), because right now this pillar looks unrealisticly alone there.

Looking forward to your gallery

Level 36
Lovely terrain, I've got to say. And that sun, it's nearly outmatching raid1000's sun in his Waterfall Castle terrain, superb, I dont even think I could've done such a great sun.
And yes, the rock formations is... Good most of the time, though I have circled out three spots that I am not too pleased with, I'll do some explaining about what I disapprove of with them.

The closest one marked 2, I just really think you should give it a little more natural look, as of right now it just looks like one rock is mashed on top of the other, as if they were made out of jelly, or something like that.

The furthest away one marked 2, it just really looks unatural, and that's mostly caused by the fact that the mass of rocks on top of those pillars seem to be very thin, and tretchy. Give it some more volume, I'd say.

The one marked 1, is not too much of a problem, if to attend to any of these, I would focus more on the previous two than this one. And honestly, I just dont think it looks too natural, seems static and very... ahh... Unatural to me, but then, that's just my oppinion.

Tile work looks great, dont know why anyone should complain about that. And those brushes could be tinted a little... Browner or yellower to fit in better with the terrain. Finally, I dont really like your cactus on top of the hill to the left, it stands out too much and doesn't look very good, just... remove it :p

Hope this could be of some help to you ;)

P.S: I'm a hardass paint user today >.>

Attachments

• unhappy.jpg
    unhappy.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 187
Level 11
i for one love the sky and how the background fade in to the sky so smoothly,and the sun is...beyond awesome,lovely atmosphere in general
a few things that i could suggest would be using the barrens sand instead,i know it isnt perfect for your terrain but i think it will fit it better cuz this one is a little to bright,(too bad we dont have e better sand tile)
and,imo,the rock formation in the foreground(the one on the right) are a little chaotic,try making it smoother, just a little

Level 21
Ancient Egypt is my favorite place in the world for the good old times with all the different rulers and the Nile is well known, and all the different art and just it was epic.
Thanks for making this man, and you made a fan proud, but I wish you luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.