• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dungeon Assault v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
yes il work on it but plz do the first beta and thene il make the dungen biger i will make a sugestion... il make 15% dongen like a td and towers etc like a bonus game afther the map is done k?

OK...

the last boss (Valker), I want like this...

and this style of dungeons...

I know that WC3 has its limits of creating things, but I know also that we can make it like that, not 100 % though, the tiles in dungeon of WC3 is fine to use...

also, dont be sad coz your not left alone, you are a part of this project, its just that Im doin triggers/boss/cinematics for the moment & its quite hard to make a good boss fight...

@defskull

as much as possible I want this map to be good as possible, Im gonna hand it over to you once boss fights are done, as for now cinematics for bosses are finished, boss fight #4 is next...

Level 33
LoL, don't do it just because you're getting an idea from a great person or something
Do it, for the love or people
You see, if you implement the skippable cinematics, everyone would be happy
Imagine, if the player die and need to restart, he must watch the cinematics ALL OVER AGAIN
So, in some sort, this may cause to a boredom
Do it, if our heart told us what to do =D

Level 33
NO !
The MAIN idea is, to put out "BORING" from the player itself
You see, if you happen to DIE in the game and you want to restart the game, you'll gonna need to PLAY the game again right ?
So, once the player has played the game and went to restart, he SHOULD know by now WHAT'S gonna happen if he enters the region bla bla this talk that that talk this
So, you can make it an option for the player either to skip it or watch the cinematic all over again
I felt bored once I played this game, where I keep on dying and had to restart and watch the cinematcis a few times
Once or Twice, is great!
But more than that, it becomes... BORING

Level 33
  • Skip
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Skip as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Cinematic 12 <gen>
  • Cinematic 12
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla
But yeah, making an option to skip or not a cinematic will make the game more hard to maintain it
Okay, for first release, just make it unskippable
We'll update the map later on, okay?

EDIT:
Provide a Boss Screenshots and some terrains

Level 29
Wow!, that's simple (I wish) but its not that simple defs, the thing is what if the Cinematic 12 is already on & running, oviously you cant off or UNRUN an on cinematic except for skip remaining actions & what if that remaining action trigger an opening of a gate?, so you must make another trigger for that gate opening...

in other words, there are 3-4 triggers for a skippable cinematic...and booealns will be involve...

Level 37
Here's how to make cinematics skippable. It's not hard at all. Just requires a bit more work.

When the cinemtic starts, you turn on another trigger that has the event:
  • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
That tiggers when you hit ESC.

When the player hirs ESC you change a boolean from false to true. Then in the ESC-detecting trigger you do all actions needed so things are like they're supposed to be if the cinematic completed fully.

In the cinematic trigger, use this kind of line to skip actions:
  • If (Cinematic_Skip Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
You need to add that line after every wait.

Example cinematic and skipping it. You can also look at the Blizzard's campaign in campaign folder.

• Cin Hay
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 384.00 of Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Hero
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set Cinematic_Skip = False // This is used to determine whether the user has hit ESC.
      • Trigger - Turn on Cin Hay Skip <gen> // Turns on the ESC detecting trigger.
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • If (Cinematic_Skip Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • Set p1 = (Center of Hay 1 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Hero to Move To p1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p1)
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 1.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Apply Cin Hay 1 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Make Hero face Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display Hey, you there! The.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Hero named Hero_Name: Play No sound and display G'day sir.. Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display I heard you beating.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display Lately the wolves a.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display If you ever come by.... Modify duration: Add 3.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Selection - Select Hero for Player 1 (Red)
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Camera Init <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Turn on Camera Updte <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Return Crops <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Cin Hay Skip <gen> // Turns off the ESC detecting trigger.
      • Trigger - Run Q2 Hay Discover <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Cin Hay Skip
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Cinematic_Skip = True // Sets the boolean to true so actions will be skipped.
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Move Hero instantly to p1
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for Player Group - Player 1 (Red) over 0.20 seconds
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 1.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds

Level 29
Here's how to make cinematics skippable. It's not hard at all. Just requires a bit more work.

When the cinemtic starts, you turn on another trigger that has the event:
That tiggers when you hit ESC.

When the player hirs ESC you change a boolean from false to true. Then in the ESC-detecting trigger you do all actions needed so things are like they're supposed to be if the cinematic completed fully.

In the cinematic trigger, use this kind of line to skip actions:
You need to add that line after every wait.

Example cinematic and skipping it. You can also look at the Blizzard's campaign in campaign folder.

• Cin Hay
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 384.00 of Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Hero
    • Actions
      • Set Cinematic_Skip = False // This is used to determine whether the user has hit ESC.
      • Trigger - Turn on Cin Hay Skip <gen> // Turns on the ESC detecting trigger.
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Hero to Move To p1
      • Camera - Apply Cin Hay 1 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display Hey, you there! The.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Hero named Hero_Name: Play No sound and display G'day sir.. Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display I heard you beating.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display Lately the wolves a.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Villager (Male 2) 0133 <gen> named Farmer: Play No sound and display If you ever come by.... Modify duration: Add 3.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Trigger - Turn off Cin Hay Skip <gen> // Turns off the ESC detecting trigger.
  • Cin Hay Skip
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Cinematic_Skip = True // Sets the boolean to true so actions will be skipped.
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Move Hero instantly to p1
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for Player Group - Player 1 (Red) over 0.20 seconds
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds

Thans dude but I know how to create it, :)

Level 29
Updates:
2 Video Preview Available
All 6 boss fights are done
Boss fights have effects/custom spells, excluding Undead Dwarf
Random Items are created after each enemy kills

Boss Fights:
Undead Dwarf (DONE)
Death Lady (DONE)
Library Keeper (DONE)
Fallen Priest (DONE)
Poison Mira (DONE)
Lava Lord (DONE)
Warden (0%)
Grave Dancer (0%)
***More to come when the new terrain is done***

Level 33
Who are you talking to, mckill ? (about GoW game)
If I got the chance to apply traps now, where is the map.. ?
Map's current size: ?
I must play the game first then I'm gonna leave some feedbacks okay mckill ?
Not in here, through PM maybe~

Level 13
yeah that bloody monster, LOL!, defskull can have a chance to apply the traps now...

btw about the god of war, i watched the preview & its awesome, tell me, is the weapon you talking about the one whipping and smashing the enemies? blow by blow?

yea that is the thing if u can make the chains and the wepons fly in air like this Cuz the hero i have has like 20 atacks and every one is diferit :D

Level 33
yea that is the thing if u can make the chains and the wepons fly in air like this Cuz the hero i have has like 20 atacks and every one is diferit :D
WoW 20 attacks?! Cool !

that requires models with animation, if you have one let me take a look then I'll try to make your spell...

@defskull

yes about GoW game, ok gonna give you the map now, map size is 1mb this is with music...I'll PM you...
1mb ?
Okay, able to download it =D

Level 33
For the current time, I'll be holding the map
Here's the update...

===MAP UPDATE===
===HEROES===
Anaya Lightsong
- Lowers Life Drain Mana Cost

Orist Icebrand
- Rescaled Ice Deflect chance from 10/30/50 to 10/15/20 PERCENT
- Rescaled Felsburg chance from 10/30/45 to 10/15/25
- Water Elemental now grows stronger each level (damage, HP, etc)
- Adds Selection action for the last summoned Water Elemental

===TERRAINS===
- Remove excessive doodads
- Fixed terrain pathing
- Fixed Revival Location

===GAMEPLAY===
- Added a certain Healing AOE Rune to certain unit
- Spiders trap is lowered in value
- Changed "Gold" to "Souls"
- Lowers Revival Requirement Souls from 500 to 250
- Fixed Reviving System
- Added checkpoints system
- Reduce effectiveness of some Bosses and Creep Commander
- Removed "Curse" ability from Banshee
- Added Checkpoints at all Bosses Gate

This is the latest updates =D

Level 29
WHAT do you meant by... NEW TERRAIN ?
Are we gonna revamp it ?
mckill, as I was saying that I am ONLY putting traps, no I'm not
I'm concern about the gameplay, terrains and unit balancing
That'll take time some time dude

relax dude, remember I was saying that I will expand the terrain?, well thats the NEW TERRAIN Im talking about, after the Lava Lord Fight, the 7th door will be opened...and Eternal is the man for the job :)

EDIT:

the story is not yet complete since Orist your hero & shelv has no unique cinematic yet, remember?

Level 29
@defskull

hehe, that's why Im telling, the mage will be stronger after Geish reveals himself...hey dude you wanna know how to create hellfire or kamehameha wave?, I can teach you looks soo nice...Im planning to replace flamestrike with this...

@EternalWow2010

but the problem is the whip like attack/effects, we need model for it...

Level 33
Working on it...
Current Progress would be 40% completed
I had to re-balanced a bit for the game (bosses are... d4mn strong)
Fix some terrain pathing
Remove excessive doodads (wtf with spam cross Eternal ?)
Change some system, add some system
Implement some cool system (when you're near die, screen will be blurry)
I'll just update these changelogs for the time being to keep you guys updated =D

Status
Not open for further replies.