• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dune Wallpapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Though this is a warcraft 3 forum, I hope some Dune "fanart" won't hurt... considering that I had no idea where else to post these. Anyway, the wallpaper I have designed for each of the three houses (Atreides, Ordos and Harkonnen) are my latest work, and my very first wallpapers.

Most of the work was done by me. The planets creation was inspired from a tutorial I found across the internet, and the technique in my opinion is super nifty - I took the information from the tutorial and adapted it to my purpose. The symbol in the center (either the Snake, the Bull or the Bird) is taken from the internet and is property of Westwood Entertainment (apparently owned by EA Games) - they are house coat of arms from Dune 2000.

Feel free to criticise. I am aware about Sigma Draconis and the fact that it's not very icy. I guess I still need to work at my ice-techniques. Btw, the original version is 1600x1200 so I have higher resolution images for those interested. Criticism is appreciated and encourage, just like in the good ol' days. I don't want to say goobye without leaving behind something nice.

House_Atreides_1024x768.jpg House_Ordos2_1024x768.jpg House_Harkonnen_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That third one looks awesome, all dark and evil. The insignia is so cool. Neat wallpapers, Daelin.

Status
Not open for further replies.