• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dummy doesn't stuns the bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
  • Axslam
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Axslam
    • Actions
      • Set TrigUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempTargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempTargetPoint = (Position of TempTargetUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Axslam for (Owner of TrigUnit) at TempTargetPoint facing TempTargetPoint
      • Set TempDummyUnit[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to TempDummyUnit[1]
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Axslam for (Owner of TrigUnit) at TempTargetPoint facing (Facing of TempTargetUnit) degrees
      • Set TempDummyUnit[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to TempDummyUnit[2]
      • Unit - Add Dummy Axslam to TempDummyUnit[1]
      • Unit - Add Dummy Axslam (slow) to TempDummyUnit[2]
      • Unit - Set level of Dummy Axslam for TempDummyUnit[1] to (Level of Axslam for TrigUnit)
      • Unit - Set level of Dummy Axslam (slow) for TempDummyUnit[2] to (Level of Axslam for TrigUnit)
      • Unit - Order TempDummyUnit[1] to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt TempTargetUnit
      • Unit - Order TempDummyUnit[2] to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempTargetPoint using war3mapImported\s_Shockwave.mdx
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units within 250.00 of TempTargetPoint matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True)) and ((((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set KnockbackCall_Unit = (Picked unit)
          • Set KnockbackCall_Dur = 0.40
          • Set KnockbackCall_Dist = 300.00
          • Set KnockbackCall_Angle = ((Facing of KnockbackCall_Unit) + 180.00)
          • Set KnockbackCall_DestroyTree = True
          • Trigger - Run Knocback Call <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempTargetPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempUnitGroup)

Last edited:
Level 25
Try setting turn rate and movement speed to 0... I think that way the dummy unit won't try to face the target, but will try to cast the spell immediately (this would be prolonged only by Cast Point time, but you wrote it's 0)

You could also try to temporarily remove the action ordering unit to cast thunderclap, to see if the unit will cast stormbolt. If it does, then stormbolt's order is rewritten by thudnerclap before the dummy is able to execute the first order

Level 4
Im fairly certain that a dummy unit cannot cast two spells simultaneously.
A simple solution would be to create another dummy unit (TempDummyUnit[2]?) and have it cast the stun while the first dummy casts the slow.

Level 18
I don't think it casts it simultaneously. It just orders it to cast stormbolt and thunderclap.
And the dummy casts first, then second...

Imma try with 2 dummy units... BTW, can I create 2 same units? and 1 be [1] and second [2]?
Will it screw or smth (i think not, but just wanna make sure)

Level 25
The amount of time a spell takes to cast depends on the unit and the spell.
Total cast time = [cast point] + [spell duration] + [cast backswing]
Spells like stormbolt have 0 spell duration, so their cast time (i.e. before you send the projectile and after you send the projectile) depends on cast point and backswing.
For you it is important that cast point and spell duration are 0.

A unit does not remember more than 1 order - so if you order unit to cast stormbolt and then order it to cast thunderclap; and the execution of stormbolt is not instant, then it will get rewritten and will not be used.

-----
If you want to create 2 dummies, you have to create each one; don't use "Unit - Create 2 dummies at loc"; create only 1 so you can easily set it as temp unit[1] and the other as temp unit[2]

Last edited:
Level 25
Even when you create 2 separate dummies, they still don't cast storm bolt?
That's strange... what comes to my mind that could be problematic may be:
- spell has lower range than needed
- spell costs mana but dummy has not enough mana
- spell has cast time
- spell has badly set allowed targets (e.g. it has only "air" targets allowed)
- unit does not face correct point and until it turns, it dies => try creating a temporal point at the position of your target and create a dummy facing that point instead of creating dummy facing angle

other problems could also be that you
- order incorrect spell id to be used (i.e. you order unit to cast storm bolt, but the spell you want to use has id fireball)
- you ordered either incorrect dummy to use spell at target or correct dummy at incorrect target

Status
Not open for further replies.