• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Doodad variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello,

I wish to use the hidden resource "Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Plants\GrassTuft\GrassTuft.mdl" on a doodad with four variations. Because there are four variation of this model, GrassTuft0.mdl - GrassTuft3.mdl. The usage of these are purely aesthetic, meaning they should work as enviromental doodads with no pathing.

According to what I know, you can have a set of variations of one model through right pathing name, accordingly as what I've mentioned. Previously, I've managed to make a destructible tree variation by doing this way.

It doesn't seem to work with doodads however, whats wrong with doodads variations?

Can provide screenshot of the object editor if necessary, thanks in advance.

Hello,

I wish to use the hidden resource "Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Plants\GrassTuft\GrassTuft.mdl" on a doodad with four variations. Because there are four variation of this model, GrassTuft0.mdl - GrassTuft3.mdl. The usage of these are purely aesthetic, meaning they should work as enviromental doodads with no pathing.

According to what I know, you can have a set of variations of one model through right pathing name, accordingly as what I've mentioned. Previously, I've managed to make a destructible tree variation by doing this way.

It doesn't seem to work with doodads however, whats wrong with doodads variations?

Can provide screenshot of the object editor if necessary, thanks in advance.

maybe doodad variations are internal... anyway you can just separate them into different doodads...

Status
Not open for further replies.