• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Doodad Shadow Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is it possible to get ReplaceableTextures/Shadows/ShadowCastle.blp or rather shadows for Units/Destructables as a doodad to relieve file size problems?

Level 14
I'm not sure why it would cause file size problems since they are already in the mpq archive..?

Could you elaborate?

Level 6
I'm not sure why it would cause file size problems since they are already in the mpq archive..?

Could you elaborate?

Right now I'm using a destructable without a model but a shadow to create shadows for certain objects.

Well to my knowledge since destructibles can be destroyed/manipulated they have a larger size and bog down the map more than if it was just a doodad.

Level 14
If you really want to optimize it that much,
you might want to create an image for the shadows using Jass.

JASS:
native CreateImage takes string file, real sizeX, real sizeY, real sizeZ, real posX, real posY, real posZ, real originX, real originY, real originZ, integer imageType returns image

If you want to pre-place them, then you might want to consider making doodads indeed.

Level 6
If you really want to optimize it that much,
you might want to create an image for the shadows using Jass.

JASS:
native CreateImage takes string file, real sizeX, real sizeY, real sizeZ, real posX, real posY, real posZ, real originX, real originY, real originZ, integer imageType returns image

If you want to pre-place them, then you might want to consider making doodads indeed.

Yeah I might do that, problem is it wont conform to the terrain would it??

Btw, the only reason I'm going through this, is sometimes I don't like the generated shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.