• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

DoD2 (New Terrain) - Screenies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Made a new terrain from scratch, going with the Sunken Ruins tileset.
Looking for comments, critique, opinions etc.

Also if anyone is particularly experienced in the Sunken Ruins tileset, would love alittle help, as I'm not exactly the best terrainer :p
My friend Oxygen has already given a helping hand here and there, mainly on the details.

The Green Blobs you see on buildings, are just dummy structures placed to produce pathing. Its basically just necessary for 6v6.
(Neutral Victim/Extra ignore buildings + units with 0 movement have no pathing).

Main Global Overview
Main-1.jpg

Hero Selection
Note: Currently I've combined both sides, they'll be split up eventually when there are more Heroes.
Heroes-3.jpg

Human Base
HumBase.jpg

Orc Base
OrcBase.jpg

Side/Corner Lane
CornerLane.jpg

Mid Lane
MidLane.jpg

thx for viewing

Level 24
Middle is waaay to open (sucks a bit on gameplay, because it ruins for tactical gamplay and if u have sentry wards then they woudlnt be exactly usedfull), too little enviroment, only trees/cliffs and kind of only enviroment in middle, needs more blizz. cliffs in my opinion (cliff vision advantage rocks :p), even in the base you could do some minimalistic hight changes so it doesnt look all too flat.

Level 7
Nudl, the thing that the middle is so open, is good. It allows interesting fights, makes aim spells really require aiming, more freestyle too :p

But the bases are definitely too empty, maybe too big. They could use some more density. That skull tower- it could use some replacement, it really doesn't fit Sunken Ruins. My other points went earlier through WLM ;P

Level 8
Fiddle more with the doodad palette. Use the corals, waterfalls, perhaps you could place another tree type to mix it up a bit. And if you plan to have neutral merchants, then you could decorate their camps nicely depending of their character.
The middle is definitly too open, start from there, adding some cliffs as suggested.

Level 34
For your bases, use more tiles. Trow in some grassy dirt and maybe regular dirt. It will look much better.

Level 24
Nudl, the thing that the middle is so open, is good.
So your saying its easier to hit in middle of a couple of trees or from above/under cliffs?

By the way dont use 4 lanes, it always fucks up the game somehow.
Lanes just gets unused in late game, because everyone are teaming togheter (or else they are pretty dumb :p) on a lane.
If you go for 3 lanes theres less units spawning (slightly less lagg), more fights between heroes and more focus on dragging down a lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.