• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Do you know any Warcraft-ish music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

I'm looking for some Warcraft-ish music that would fit with the tracks from the game.

There was a big shift in tone between WC3 and Wow's music. It became too "epic".

The music I think fits WC3:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
To be fair, this doesn't sound like Warcraft music at all, not just in style but neither in sounding.

What you posted reminisces more of Jeff van Dyck's style:

I suggest Jeremy Soule's from Armies of Exigo:

I should even suggest Jeehun Hwang's from Dark Reign: The Future of War:

Other goodies are Sebastien Tifault's from Disciples: Sacred Lands:
Or even from Philippe Charron's style from Disciples II: Dark Prophecy:

I recommend Paul Romero and Rob King's Heroes of Might and Magic III soundtrack, although the style is quite off:

And many others. These are the closest, let's say, especially the Armies of Exigo soundtrack but note that each Warcraft III faction/race has its own musical style so things get more tricky when having to compare to other game soundtracks. There are at least 4 composers who worked on Warcraft III.

MrRious

M

MrRious

To be fair, this doesn't sound like Warcraft music at all, not just in style but neither in sounding.

It's because WC3 music style is really unique and it's hard for me to compare it to anything else. (It's both simple and epic)

You're right about the fact that each race has it's own musical style (I think Undead music stands out the most) I'm currently looking for something that would fit Naga.

I love Heroes III soundtrack (especially Sandro theme).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, the naga usually have oriental type music, like the night elves.

You can even use this one for a battle theme or something:
Cossacks 2 (Alexey Omelchuk)
and this.

You could sift through Lineage 2's soundtrack (Bill Brown) to search for what you'd need although it's more WoWish:

The God of War (Gerard K. Marino, Ron Fish, Cris Velasco, Mike Reagan et al.) series has a somewhat Oriental thematic but it's what you call "epic":

The Gothic series (Kai Rosenkranz et al.) has great music, especially the third which is around 90% real instruments:

From the Heroes of Might and Magic series:
+1, 2.

Might and Magic IX:

Or maybe Tomb Raider (Nathan McCree) :D?

Unreal series (Kevin Riepl):
+1, 2, 3, 4.

Maybe, you should try stuff from Diablo II (Matt Uelmen):
+1.

Surely if you search the net, you'll find what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.