• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Disease Cloud unit Does not have Locust ability but is still unselectable. How is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello,

I made an ability to summon Disease cloud based on serpent spell, but the summoned cloud is selectable and attackable. It only become unselectable with locust added with object editor.

but how is the cloud summoned by meat wagon and abominations not selectable even though they DO NOT have locust ability.

Level 21
That's strange; I clearly remember running into the exact opposite problem (I'm using patch 1.29); no matter what I did I couldn't get the units dropped by Meat Wagon's Disease Cloud to be attackable, selectable and unable to walk through one another.

Level 9
I haven't tested this particular out yet, but many summon spells have hardcoded properties to them.
For instance healing ward has an AoE circle.
Sentry ward automatically makes the unit invisible, even if doesn't have the invisibility ability.

This is why units that are summoned with Meat Wagon are never selectable, even if it's a different unit than Disease Cloud.

Level 16
I haven't tested this particular out yet, but many summon spells have hardcoded properties to them.
For instance healing ward has an AoE circle.
Sentry ward automatically makes the unit invisible, even if doesn't have the invisibility ability.

This is why units that are summoned with Meat Wagon are never selectable, even if it's a different unit than Disease Cloud.
sounds logical.

Could you explain the duration of the meatwagon disease cloud (it is set to -1)

upload_2021-1-15_21-31-39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.