• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Disable Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey.

I'm looking for a way to disable cheats in singleplayer maps.
Things like "Player enters chat massage (whosyourdaddy)" and so on don't work.
I already searched here, but I wasn't able to find a solution ...

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Not only the cheat "whosyourdaddy", I need them all disabled :D

Level 5
or if your talking about cheats like greadisgood or whosisyourdaddy you can not make a string trigger so if they say that the game ends.

EDIT: here this does not work works
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing whoisyourdaddy as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat (Triggering player) with the message: NUU CHEATING

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
or if your talking about cheats like greadisgood or whosisyourdaddy you can make a string trigger so if they say that the game ends.

EDIT: here it works
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing whoisyourdaddy as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
  • [TRIGGER][/QUOTE]
  • No that doesn't work. I tried that before I posted. Nothing happened.
  • The cheat isn't stored as string, you can't refer to it like that. Unfortunately.

Level 11
or if your talking about cheats like greadisgood or whosisyourdaddy you can make a string trigger so if they say that the game ends.

EDIT: here it works
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
No, that never worked.

Level 2
well it just worked for me you sure you spelled it right?

Well, I am. Are you sure it worked for you in a singleplayer map?
Of course this works in internet games, but it's useless 'cause the cheats don't work there. Or maybe you're the one who spelled it wrong ;)

I just tested it again, and it doesn't work. Someone here with another solution? :/

Level 19
for who is your daddy you could create a unit for every play which is attacking another unit with exactly as much regeneration as the first unit deals damage
if a player is using whosyourdaddy the unit dies

for gold/lumber:
create a player which has no way to get any of these resources
cause the cheats add stuff for every player you just have to check if this player gets gold or lumber

iseedeadpeople can be disabled will disabling vision all the time (however I am not sure about that)

Level 2
For whosyourdaddy:
Have one unit for each player attack another one. The other one should have a high enough hp regeneration. If the attacked unit dies, the player used the cheat.
For iseedeadpeople:
Just check at an unreachable location if it is visible to any player; if yes: he used the cheat

Good ideas. But the problem is that the map I'm working on isn't really big, it's 64x64.
Thank you, I think I'll try that ..

If someone has another solution, tell me please :)

Edit: Thanks to you too, D4RK_G4ND4LF. :)
Both +rep.

Good ideas. But the problem is that the map I'm working on isn't really big, it's 64x64.
Thank you, I think I'll try that ..

If someone has another solution, tell me please :)

Edit: Thanks to you too, D4RK_G4ND4LF. :)
Both +rep.

If the map only is 64x64, then it shouldnt be a problem with iseedeadpeople.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just do not care about cheats. If people cheat, let them as it is their problem they are ruining the fun of the map not yours. Blizzard made it clear they want cheats to be usable, so I advise you just let people cheat. Most people who like your map will not cheat.

Level 2
Thats the point - I'm using like 95% of the map.
But the iseedeadpeople cheat isn't really a problem.
'warpten' for example, is a problem.
I guess I'll just check every "Unit starts building" event how long it needs to finish that building.

Thank you all,
problem solved :)

Level 4
I really don't understand why you need them disabled. If it's a multiplayer map, who cares? Single player, cheating is technically fine, yet with LAN or B.Net, cheats don't work anyways.

I made a cheat detection script which detected most cheats, except the silly ones which change the time of day and such. I'd rather not release it (it's not finished) because DSG is right, just let them cheat.

Alternitevly, you could only allow online play (LAN counts too IIRC. So just tell people if they wanna play your map in single player, use the lan feature).

Level 18
Could you not check for a point that is outside the map boundaries (in the black, shaded region) and bumped up a few cliff levels? I'm pretty sure that visibility in these regions is still detected.

Level 2
The reason why I want to disable cheats is simple:
I want my map playable in singleplayer with a 'save / load'-system.
The system distinguishes between singleplayer and multiplayer mode and changes the savecode for both.

Could you not check for a point that is outside the map boundaries (in the black, shaded region) and bumped up a few cliff levels? I'm pretty sure that visibility in these regions is still detected.

I'm going to test that, thanks :)

I feel as if you completely ignored my post.

TriggerHappy said:
Alternitevly, you could only allow online play (LAN counts too IIRC. So just tell people if they wanna play your map in single player, use the lan feature).

• Custom script: if not ReloadGameCachesFromDisc() then
  • Game - Display "Game is online"
  • ---- Do your custom actions here, for your save and load ----
  • Custom script: else
  • Game - Display "Game is offline"
  • Custom script: endif
I'm sure you can figure out what to do with that. If not than you are hopeless.
Also, I'm not sure if the function was right, if not check the war3map.j for similar functions.

Last edited:
Level 2
I feel as if you completely ignored my post.

• Custom script: if not ReloadGameCachesFromDisc() then
  • Game - Display "Game is online"
  • Custom script: else
  • Game - Display "Game is offline"
  • Custom script: endif
I'm sure you can figure out what to do with that. If not than you are hopeless.
Also, I'm not sure if the function was right, if not check the war3map.j for similar functions.

Sorry, of course I read your post, but I kinda missunderstood it :)
Thats a nice idea ... can you actually play a lan-game alone?
That would solve all problems ...

(+rep btw ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.