• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] diplomacy help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi, i have just released a ver of my map and just realised some critical bugs when asking my friend to host it. i fixed them all but theres 1 i can't quite get my head around and i despratley need help with it

well, i've been told that its possible, by the use of triggers, that you can = jou know in loap and if ur the druggy (or whoever) and u want all ur guards to kill some1 whos trying to kill you, you just click the allies tab at the top of the screen, and un-tick the ally thing? well thats what i want to happen in my game but it dosen't seem to let me :eekani: (like in a meele game)

plz can some1 help me? (e.g, post triggers that i need to set or tell me how to do it)

ty

Level 5
yer, i know like players have to type in (-ally "whoever") bet thats very time wastey. you know that tab in the top left hand corner of the screen with menu, quests, allies and chat? click the allies button and u'll see what i mean.

Level 8
Sorry I have no idea what you mean. I can deal with bad spelling but when that is mixed with alien grammar and comments about druggies I can not help you.

Tell us a little about your map - how many people players, how many computer players what you are really aiming for - without reference to druggies. Around here when referring to teams we say "Red player" "Blue player" or "Red Team" "Blue Team". We also speak of forces.

If you have preset forces (which is what alliances are) then the Ally button is gray in even a hosted map.

If you have gone through Scenario/Player/Force Properties then you have hard wired the game to follow that until such time as a trigger changes that.

Melee Maps are non-assigned forces that can, through the Alliance Button form alliances. Downside is that the player start locations are not fixed.

If you want to break alliances easily then use the following trigger:

• BreakAllaince
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacking unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacked unit)) as an Enemy
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacked unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacking unit)) as an Enemy
All it takes is attacking one of the units of an allied team and both of you are enemies unto death or unless you have a trigger to 'undo' that.

Status
Not open for further replies.