• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo 1 - Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Diablo1.jpg

This maps goal is to re-create Diablo One in Warcraft Three, or something very much like it. I'm hoping that this will get some group interest and prosper as a project. This all started out with me messing around with some spell books, and checking out one of Vexorian's Spellbook systems. From this I got the idea of making an RPG, and decided to make a D1 style one.

So, far I'm working on the tomes, and the spells themselves. I don't scare away from using imports (properly credited) so this should not take too long with some modification. I plan to make all of the basic Diablo skills to start, and maybe more later.

Somethings that are going to be difficult if 'we' get this together, but would make a unique map.

• Random Level Generation
  • Full Screen Inventory and Character Sheets
  • Diablo-esque Movement Controls

Once, these are there the rest of it should be easy as . . . something easy. If you're interested in helping out post here and we'll see what happens.

Possible Changes

We don't even have to re-make Diablo One. The main goal is to create a fun, interesting and unique RPG game. I thought that Diablo One is a good base for this but there are many things we could add and change. Here are just a few:

• More Items
  • Different Classes
  • Extra Spells and Skills

So, please tell me what you think.

Logistics

These are always the problem aren't they? Many of the systems here can be worked on without having the full map, allowing people to complete them on there own time. For things that need the map, a schedule should be arrangable, just not a fast-time one (Time Zones).

Final Words

I should be getting the spells done within the week, and then we can see what happens. If this interests you and you think you can help out in ANY way, just post here. The main positions we need are:

• Coders
  • Terrain
  • Models/Skins
  • System (ie: Inventory) Art and Previews
  • Balance and Testers
  • More Coders. :p

Level 14
This is rather humorously coincidental. I just started skinning rescently and somehow ended up going in the direction of Diablo. I have half skinned the Watcher model into a female barbarian. I alphaed out her weapon and have checked out weapon attatchments. Duel weilded weapons and one-handed weapons + shield work out okay with the animations. I am definately interested in completing that skin and maybe even doing more diablo-style skins. I have no intention of joining (I don't work well with people) but if I end up finnishing a series of diablo skins and your are interested in them, then I would be glad to give them to you.

I have attatched a pic of the skin ingame. Note: it is definately subject to change. The armor will definately be changed. Not barbarian-ish enough. Too shiny.

Last edited:
Level 6
I could help you with some vJass if you are using JNGP. I have a very limited spare-time due to massive amounts of homework.. But if you need, I'm interested.

EDIT; Damn, that Barbarian will be nice! Just add some more contrast (?), as the portrait displays some rather blurry parts.

Last edited:
Level 24
Well, thanks for the link! I'll see about some terraining, but I'm planning to make random level generation so I won't need too much! (Just the town and final level)

I could help you with some vJass if you are using JNGP. I have a very limited spare-time due to massive amounts of homework.. But if you need, I'm interested.

JNGP is my life. I'd be happy to have some more help!

Status
Not open for further replies.