• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Devour Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello everyone, i'm having a issue, i'm trying to make devour a hero ability (with 3 levels and heal over time), problem is if a hero cast the skill it does nothing, it only works if a nonhero unit cast, any idea how to solve this? *FIXED *(didn't know it also need the devour cargo skill)

(also any sugestion to make the heal over time work together with the digest effect)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 39
How are you envisioning this heal to work? Flat amount? Damage dealt by devour? % of devoured units current/max life? Scaling with attributes? Some of these are easy and some are hard. In general they would involve detecting the devour cast, then either dummy casting a healing spell or periodically healing the caster with a trigger until either the unit is devoured, it's unloaded (not sure if that's possible?), or the caster dies. I presume the unit runs a death event when devoured so you probably don't need it but this system can detect load/unload events and I presume it works with devour too: GUI Unit Event v2.5.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.