• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Detecting projectile/weapon/spell impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tested the Unit - A unit is damaged event, I was only able to detect when the damage source entered acquisition range against the Triggering Unit...

I am looking for a way to detect the moment of impact of a missile (not using custom projectiles). Do I need to create a custom event (using Event) to detect the differentiation between hit points, or is there an in-game registry that detects this instance?

Hm, I don't know how much you've been around, but, back in 2008 this was the issue that held the most conversations in WC3 modding. The answer is simple: Custom projectile system, you won't find it elsehow. I don't think Events will be completely accurate, because before the projectile hits the target, that same target might be hit by a spell of the same damage source. Plus, you will need to set the different speeds of missile the user will add to his unit, which is a field non-detectable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.