• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

destrcutibles vs doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
funny i dont se any native for set posisition, also no getdestructible z but exist this
  • Custom script: call CreateDestructableZ ('ATtr', 100,100,200,90,1,0)
kinda weird really i can create to z, but cant check it (exclude i use location), also cant set it anymore after createing them.

seems recreate them could be a solution

Level 14
yeah thats odd.. well i guess there is another way i can do it with doodads instead but is there way to make doodads have walkable with foot prints and shadows like you can with destructibles?

So you want to make doodads walkable?
Then why not use Invisible Platforms?
You can put them on top of the doodad...
Change the Z-height of the platforms in the editor with ctrl + page up and change the Roll and Pitch angles if you need to place them on a different angle.

It's basically a invisible walkable platform, but one thing is anoying though: You can not have a unit walking simultaniously under the platform. Then you would need to use regions, or "imaginary" regions ^.- (hey shadow :D)
Then you would be abled to change the flying height of the units who gets on top of the doodad, and keep the flying height for the units normal whom are underneath the doodad.

Last edited:
Level 13
well its mostly for putting pictures on land, but i want the units to be able to walk on it which i have done but i want them to have their shadows on there and footprints like how it works with destructibles, for some reason when making doodads walkable they dont work the same way.

Level 14
well its mostly for putting pictures on land, but i want the units to be able to walk on it which i have done but i want them to have their shadows on there and footprints like how it works with destructibles, for some reason when making doodads walkable they dont work the same way.

I assume you're using the CreateImage native in order to create the pictures on land?
Did you set the image type correctly? As far as I know the image type (ubersplat) should give you this outcome.

crazedcougar said:
Heres some data i got from my little bit of research about images:

Working images: Ubersplat, Indicator, Selection, Occlusion mark
selection: goes above doodads and below units.
ubersplat: goes below doodads and below units (they leave footprints)
indicator: goes below doodads and below units (no footprints) (what does it go OVER?)
occlusion mark: goes below doodads and below units (no footprints) (what does it go OVER?)

None of the other imgages have worked for me. Also, ive been able to take screenshots, crop them, and use them fine.

(Tip: It's the last parameter in the CreateImage function)

JASS:
native CreateImage takes string file, real sizeX, real sizeY, real sizeZ, real posX, real posY, real posZ, real originX, real originY, real originZ, integer imageType returns image
notice integer imageType? ^.^

You might want to check this out:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81637

Level 13
yea i wasn't using code to set the pictures it isnt accurate enough for where i need the pictures to be placed. i need to use doodads to place them, i just need to know if doodads are able to show foot prints and shadows like destructibles are.

Status
Not open for further replies.