• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dependency Screwup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I don't know what the hell is wrong, but whenever I publish my dependency and add the dependency to a map at the top, it is unable to load, but when I use the unpublished dependency it works fine. What happened? This never happened before.

Edit: Now I'm really confused, when I open the published dependency in the editor, and save it to my mod folder, and add it to a map from the folder it works, but I can't add it from Battle.net published files.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Ask blizzard, it seems something is not working as itended as far as dependiencies.

The editor for example fails to load them when opening a map some times despite the game opening them for the exact same map.
I believe this may be why there are no public mods yet.

Remember dependiencies are loaded in order from top to bottom. They always should load both in editor and ingame to my experience (this might be an exception).

Level 9
Thats the thing though, this dependency is at version 0.14, the published versions at and before that version worked but now its not letting me use it now, I have no idea why, its 0.15 and on that aren't working, I keep re publishing, saving, reloading, but it only works when I save it from battle.net to a file on my PC, I can't use the mod I published in its Battle.net tab.

Level 9
How do I do that?

Edit: Made a test mod and a test map, published the mod, imported to map, published map, tested, same f*cking error...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.