• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Death Coil conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.
I was making a map last night. I completed a lot and was on fire but then i ran into a huge problem for myself, i wanted death coil(casted by death knight) to not consider undead or human status but to work as a heal to allies and a nuke to enemies.

Googling this problem resulted in half an hour of woe, then 2 hours of learning jazz... I guess writing the fix in jazz would be a simple fix.. but is there no way to do it in the unit settings?

BTW: I didn't learn much jazz, a re-read is in order with that subject.

Any help would be highly appreciated or a wild goose chase with a pot of gold at the end is fine, anyway i find out is fine :D

Level 16
Seas =)

1) You need a ability like Storm Bolt - change damage to 0 / stunt to 0.01 / and everything you want.

2) Set the allowed targets of this ability to: Air, Enemy, Friend, Ground

3) Create the following Trigger
  • Dead Coil
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to "Your Created Ability"
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + "Amount you want")
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - "Amount you want")
            • Else - Actions
So you can create a "fake deathcoil" :wsmile:

Level 22
afaik that's why people base an ability on a specific ability cause you can'd do everything with everything. I.e you can't lend life to a friendly unit with Drain Life, you can't coil a friendly non-undead as a heal. The coil is not made to be healing a non-undead. If thats what you ask.

Level 2
Thank you Dr. Boom for your precise reply.:thumbs_up: Not as simple as i thought but simple in the end

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Other abilities like parasite, curse or slow will also do as their buffs do not inturrupt.

I completed a lot and was on fire
I do not see how you combusting has anything to do with the problem.

Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - "Amount you want")
Do not use this, it will ignore spell resistance and if it kills a unit will not credit the kill to the hero and so no player will gain gold or EXP from the kill.

Much rather use the Unit - Damage unit action as that can deal damage from a unit and so credit kills to a unit. Also it can be reduced like normal spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.