• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dawn - Lake Scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i tried doing one of the images/concept and this is what i did. Took me 2 hours for it :)

It is still in WIP.

[Note : Lower your brightness and contrast before viewing the image. It is my setting/s so maybe it shows different in your screen and in my screen]

Attachments

• scenery_by_aswinsureshnair-d74frl6.jpg
    scenery_by_aswinsureshnair-d74frl6.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 299
  • WC3ScrnShot_031514_235158_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_031514_235158_01.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 790
Last edited:
Level 30
You really did a good job making the terrain near or should we say alike from the real image. I am also doing that but it turned out badly for me in the placement of the sun which looks less realistic.

As for yours, I do think you should do some few raises on the edges of the water so there will be like a divider between the water and ground like what is shown in the image.

And as far as I know, the contest does not require much to mimic the image so I would suggest giving something more in it instead of what is already present on the image such as placing structures near the trees to serve as the Background of the terrain: mountains, castle towers and etc.

The possibilities are many. Good luck and +rep to your work, I indeed like how you made it.

You should place more darkness on the edges.

The sun should blend into the clouds, your sun sticks out and thus looks bad. Make the surrounding more natural to the sun. Also you can stretch the sun so it doesn't have that perfect circle shape.

The line where the grass meets the trees, either you place more blackness in there, or tint down the grass. You could also apply shadow on the ground.

I'd work more on this piece if I were you. Good job though, it's nice as it is now, but can be a lot better. :)

Level 34
You should try stretching the image. Like so. Or simply crop it so that it gives you a more landscape image. I like it more, but it's personal preference.

Attachments

• mrfrantasticd.png
    mrfrantasticd.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.