• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Database error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello guys
I have some slightly bad news.

Due to a mistake when rushing the configuration of the new server we had two database running using the same files. This caused a corruption in the database.
The corruption was not bad enough to force us to revert to the backup made 7 hours ago, but it did kill 20 user accounts and 6 maps.

If your account was lost. This is why.

I don't know whose accounts and maps were lost, but I am sure it is only new users and new maps.

This is of course unfortunate, but I do want to calm you though. We are backing up the database and all files every day, so we should never suffer from a severe data loss.

Ralle

Level 27
Maybe all the accounts that were killed was only Jordan.
Never tell his name, you'll just summon him!

Lol, I'll bet they'll suprised when trying to login.
Maybe make an announcement about this?
Yes, I'm sure that would be informative, but most of newbies could already create new accounts after failing with those created earlier.

Level 49
Two days ago, on the 8th of April 2011, at approximately 10PM GMT + 3, 20 brave accounts of the Hive have fallen. May their spirits rest in peace and may their passwords never be stolen.

R.I.P.

Nah, but seriously, I really hope those were just zero-post newbies and not a group of Hive veterans who were unfortunate enough to get caught by the Database corruption.
I hope it wont happen again, though. ^^
The good part is that, even though the Hive switched to a new server, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of bugs and problems. Or, at least it seems so to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.