• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Darker Boundaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
hey guys, kinda wondering, is there any more ways to make the terrain within covered with boundaries (black part at the edge of the map for those who don't know) "darker"? I mean, is there any other ways to make the terrain just appear black-er to the player other than using abyss tile or doodads??

Last edited:
Level 23
tumblr_lslg5fl7ya1qgp134.gif
Sorry kinda slow.. what do you mean by glow? *mental block here

Level 15
Why wouldn't you use doodads or tiles?

for tiles... well just use the abyss but for doodads i recently saw a nice one. you get 1 doodad, any (i choose a house doodad), RGB all to 0 and then you place it, once placed you can edit it and get a flat item, which serves well as a wall.

Level 23
Oh, and BTW, the boundaries aren't just found on the edges of the map.. it's kinda like hmmm, dunno how to explain it but it's also an cover of an indoor area..
tumblr_lslg4wht3i1qgp134.gif
I think you guys might understand it better with pictures than my explanations.. [attached] ingame, tiles covered by boundaries are too visible. and I'm kinda having a hard time using Abyss tiles with my weird doodad placement...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Status