• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dark Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is my first terrain submission;

A dark, mysterious, forbidden forest -- the remains of an ancient race, they practiced a type of magic and technology combination that only wielded their end. As the fragments of their titanic, construct world came crashing down upon them, they sent out a warning to future races, to avoid the crystals; for they would bring about the final stages of the destruction of the world. However that message was lost in time...

Edit: Crap, this will be the only one that looks exactly like this, WE just froze on me before I could save it. SADFACE!!!:sad:

Attachments

• Dark Forest.jpg
    Dark Forest.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 240
Level 9
A #1 advice -- when posting various "ruins" decorations, don't try to scatter them randomly, but think about what structure they made when they were intact, and go from there.

#2 -- recolour your River Rushes accordingly to the map gamma.

#3 -- dark water significantly increases the "fear" effect.

Otherwise looks much like Felwood, which is neither bad or good. Such map would be good for Blizzard-style campaign, but too low for cinematic.

Level 3
Thanks, will definantly take that advice.

Blizzard-style? Well that's better than what I thought I'd get lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.