• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Spell Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Can someone please help me out with these spells for my map???

Theres a good few of them so i'll try and organize it a bit.

For my Paladin

1- Blessed Spirits: Summons holy spirits to heal allied units. (Looks like Locust Swarm but doesnt attack enemies and heals the Paladin and allies.)
----
2- Otherworldly Charge: Creats a holy shield which absorbs all physical damage for XX seconds. (Kinda like mana shield but only costs mana to cast and doesnt drain when the Paladin is attacked.

For my Zealot:

1- Zeal (Auto Cast): Allows the zealot to attack twice. (Pretty much the Paladin's zeal from Diablo 2)
----
2- Divine Intervention: Reincarnate the Zealot by his unseen masters. Enemy units surrounding his corpse suffer decreased armor as their morale sinks with the knowledge the Zealot is not yet defeated.

For my Vampire: (Yes the names all use the word Vampiric. I will research some vampire information so I can make the abilities sound more creative)

1- Vampiric Blood: Increases the vampire's hit point regeneration and blocks a negative spell every XX seconds.
----
2- Vampiric Gaze: Puts target enemy unit to sleep.
----
3- Ultimate - Vampiric Bite: Steal XX health from target unit. If unit is a hero and under the effect of Vampiric Gaze it takes XX bonus damage. If target is a creep and is asleep due to Vampiric Gaze, and is killed by this attack, it will turn into a minion with life steal attack under the Vampire's command.

For my Archer:

1- Multishot (Autocast): Attack multiple targets (go figure)
----
2- Piercing shot: Shoots and arrow that damages enemy units in a row
----
3- Fire Arrows: For a set amount of time, the Archer covers his arrows in a flamable substance and sets them alight to do fiery damage to enemy units. (Basically, for XX seconds, his attacks to splash and has the searing arrows animation.)

For my Ent:

1- Constricting Roots (Aura): Slows enemy units near the Ent (I know how to do that part), and every XX seconds, roots burst forth from the earth, covering enemy units and immobalizing them while injecting painful toxins.
----
2- Nature's Wrath: The Ent summons forest spirits to damage and poison enemy units in a circle around the Ent. (Creates an explosion of natural energy in a circle around the Ent using the Objects\Spawnmodels\NightElf\EntBirthTarget\EntBirthTarget.mdl model, regardless if theres enemies around the ent. to look something like this

......OOO
....O.....O
..O.........O
..O...Ent...O
..O.........O
....O.....O
......OOO

Except, you know, more like a circle (like a nova i guess))
----
3- Ultimate: Unnatural Growth: The Ent roots himself into the earth and draws upon the energy of nearby enemies to sustain his form.
(The Ent roots himself, and entangling vines burst forth from teh ground and sap enemy units health. However rooting drains his mana very fast but depending on how many enemies are entangled, it is drains slower. Basically, the more enemies there are, the more he'll stay rooted and the more life he drains)

Pyschic:
1- Sap: Drains an enemy units health over XX seconds. The Psychics mana is restored for each point of health drained.
----
2- Telekenetic Distortion: Mass mana burns an area.
----
3- Overflow: Transfers the Psychic's mana to an enemy unit. If the enemy unit's total mana point is reached, it overflows dealing massive damage to the unit. The freed energy swirls around the target for XX seconds slowing enemy units in its area and combusting their mana.
(Like a mana drain that transfers to the targeted unit)

----
4- Cataclysm: Frees all the stored mana that Psychic has and causes mass destruction around the Psychic. Even she isn't immune to its effects and is left at 10% of her health.

Other abilities:

Noxious Gas: Shoots out a serious of poison clouds at an enemy unit. If any enemy units are nearby the targeted unit but are not caught in wake of the clouds, they branch off towards that unit. (
(Kind of like a tree of poison)

Dark Pull: Creats a swirlling vortex that slowly sucks enemy units in. After XX seconds the vortex explodes dealing damage to units in relation to their distance from the explosion.

If you dont know how to, i wont hold it against you, but even the slightest attempt to help solve my ability plight would be greatly appreciated.

Level 11
Woah, they are a lot. I'll get to some of them for now... And I'll give you a brief intro, they are so many...

Charge - Give the caster Hardened Skin which absorbs up to 999999 damage. Remove the ability through Player - Disable Ability. Disable it for all players and it should hide the icon. ;)

Zeal - Practically try the detected Reincarnation (somewhere on the site) but customize it so that when the unit is reincarnated you cast a howl of terror with a dummy unit. Piece of cake!

Vampiric Blood - Again, pretty simple. Unfortunately, there will be a problem. Give it the spell shield but if the player clicks on it, then the cooldown will launch. Except that no bug. And as for the regeneration, just give the ability when the unit learns the spell shield.

Vampiric Gaze... Geesh! Isn't this sleep ability???? If you want it unstopable then just stun it instead. Unstoppable sleep = stun.

Vampiric Bite... Basically just use Siphon Life and check if the unit has the buff of Vampiric Gaze. About the death stuff, check if an unit dies and the killing unit is the unit challenging. Basically use two triggers. The second one activates when the vampire starts the spell and ends when the vampire stops the spell. Will not be Multiinstance unless you use JASS.

Multishot... Search for Vexorian's sig and get it from wc3campaigns.

Piercing Shot... If you want the EXACT damage of the archer then its impossible. If not, it can be done.

Well, just add the fire orb ability (with no splash) to the archer, wait x seconds and remove it. Change the missile model.

Constricting Roots... Its pretty simple! Just use Unholy Aura but make it affect enemy units and have negative value for movement speed while none for life regeneration (0.00). As for immobilization, every x seconds pick up every unit which has the aura's buff, create a dummy unit, and order it to cast Entagling Roots on the unit.

Sap... Play a little with the fields of Siphon Life. Its very easy if you can get the right fields to work. Basically you have to mess up with the received life field so that it gives nothing and instead, get the mana one to give mana.

Mass Mana Burn? Just create dummy unit for each unit in the AoE which is enemy of the casting unit and order the dummy to cast Mana Burn at the unit.

Overflow... Too complicated to do with simple triggers if you need the effects around the target.

Cataclysm... Just get the mana into a variable, set caster's mana to 0, do the damage however you want, and set the life of the caster to 10%.

Dark Pull... Hmm, try to use some multiinstance pull spell (there are a lot on the site), and have dummy units pull enemies that enter in the x range of the vortex. When the vortex explodes, pick up every unit and do the damage with the formula distance*damage. Damage in this case will depend on what you want.

Noxious Gas... I don't get it!

~Daelin

Level 8
thank you soo much! I really appreciate youre help.
I'm really sorry about a few of the obvious ones, i wasnt thinking hard enough -smacks self in head-
(i did know how to do the sleep one, but i put that in so people could understand what i was talking about in the other ability)

im startin to get the hang of triggers as this is my first serious map.

Also for the noxious gas ability, have you ever seen the life-siphon looking abilitys that only targets one unit, but then from that unit, you see another siphon beamish thing to other units around it?

Secondary Targets
.......\.|./
...First target
.........|
......Caster

something like that, so like a line of gas clouds (using the disease cloud model or something like it) and it hits one unit then branches off to attack others.

Level 11
So its practically like a chain poison? I'm afraid I'll have to trigger the chain yourself. Vexorian posted somehwere a template but I'm afraid we left the site. I will soon try to remake the templates myself (arrow, chain and others) but right now I am very busy.

~Daelin

Level 8
actually, thats not exactly what i meant but i think i'll use that idea if its ok with you guys,

(This is the closest thing i could find to illustrate my idea)
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=89&sid=1606b7ccf3cd2be73c40fbc0c0d5863a
looks like that, but instead of a life drain, its an Impalish looking ability, but without the whole shooting people up in the air part.

(Closest i could think of that would create seperate disease clouds. shockwave would just look like a single cloud goin towards an enemy)

Also, thanks for the link Telefragger, if i cant find a use for it on this character, i'll be sure i use it on another, it looks like a great spell. (Might do a chain thunderclap or impale, or curse, dunno, but i'll definetly find a use for it :D)

Level 2
Ummm, a while back someone asked for this kind of spell that chains like that...I tried at it a bit...
Heres my try at making this spell:

First Variables...
Name:-------------------------------- Type:-------- Array:

Unit Variable(main target)----------Unit-----------No

RangeofSecondaryLightning------Integer-------------No

Dummy Unit Group----------Unit Group-------Yes(Maxlvl)

Effected Unit Group---------Unit Group-------------No

Dummy--------------------------------Unit----------No

To change the (Range of Secondary Blasts), just make it a integer variable and set it to something different for each lvl.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Trigger Key:
Multinstanceable: NO
Multiplayer: YES

For the buff: Change the buff on the abillity you use (purge in this case and change the effect if you want to)

Dummy units: You need a different dummy unit for each lvl of the spell

Attack damage=damage of secondary hits

Use chain lighting like missile to try to mimic the regular lighting
effect.

_(Text)_ =This is just something i used to point out variables
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Trigger:

Event:
Spell is casted (Purge(New targeted alive, not summon))

Condition:
Spell is equal to "Purge"

Set target of abillity=__Unit Variable_

If Spell level of triggering unit is equal to 1 then create (Number of units= Number of secondary blasts) Dummy Unit1 at _Unit Variable

Add Last created units to _Dummy Unit Group_ (array=1)

If Spell level of triggering unit is equal to 2 then create (Number of units= Number of secondary blasts) Dummy Unit2 at _Unit Variable

Add Last created units to _Dummy Unit Group_ (array=2)
Etc.

Set _Effected Unit Group_ = units within (Range of Secondary Blasts)

Set _DUMMY_(unit variable)= random unit from _Dummy Unit Group_ (array=Spell level of triggering unit)

>>>Pick every unit in (Units within (Range of Secondary Blasts) of __Unit Variable__)

>If unit is not equal to __Unit Variable__ and unit is in _Effected Unit Group_ then order _Dummy_ to attack (picked unit)

>If unit is not equal to __Unit Variable__ and unit is in _Effected Unit Group_ then wait (Time for the attack)

>If unit is not equal to __Unit Variable__ and unit is in _Effected Unit Group_then remove _Dummy_ from the game

>If unit is not equal to __Unit Variable__ and unit is in _Effected Unit Group_ then remove attacked unit from _Effected Unit Group_

wait (Time for abillity to reset)

Remove all units from _Dummy Unit Group_ (array=Spell level of triggering unit)

So... I hope i helped... and one last part of advice..which is not neccessary, but does reduce lag is setting variables to null.
(Any problems/questions just add a reply)

Status
Not open for further replies.