• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Minimap Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So , i want to create a Custom Minimap Preview. I saw the tutorial:

Minimap Images for the Game Setup Screens

By Darg

Needed Tools
Creating the Image
Importing the Image File

Needed Tools

This tutorial is about creating a minimap image in the game setup screen. You will need Warcaft III The Frozen Throne to do this. The only tool required to complete this task is a photo-editing program that can create and save images as TGA files. I am using ULEAD Photo Impact.

Creating the Image

The image you create must be of TGA format and either 128x128 or 256x256 pixels in size. 128x128 is highly recommended as this will minimize the overall filesize of your map. What you put in the image is completely up to you, this is very much a creative process. For the purpose of this tutorial, I have created an image using the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne logo, as seen below.

ULEAD doesin't work anymore. Can someone reccomand me a program that does these the same ? Please give me a link . Thank you ^^

Photoshop is not so free but it can help you make one heck of a map preview..

Adobe Photoshop Cs6

I think there was a free Photoshop somewhere.. Just forgot where..
There's the Trial version of Photoshop that lasts 30 days only. Else, except if you have a cracked version which isn't really legal, it's not free.

So, as Maker said, take Gimp. It's a good software.

Status
Not open for further replies.