• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Custom Druid Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am creating a custom druid transformation spell to turn the druid into a dragon. When i use it in game it crashes. The only thing that was changed for the test i was running was the alternate form model file was changed to a green drake. However the game crashes each time it is used.

you can always replace the unit ;)
  • transform
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to transformation
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a green drake using The old unit's relative life and mana
you will oviously need to make a different abbility for this that can posibly do nothing eg. War Stomp.

Level 2
Thank you deathchef that is exactly what i needed.
Taxikar i couldnt exactly figure out how to work that but i am going to mess with it a little bit.

Now can i use the same trigger to transform back into the druid?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Be warned that replacing a unit does not update all references to the previous unit to point at the new unit. If you look at the code behind the replace unit function you will see it mearly removes the currently existing unit and creates a new unit at its position with simlar stats. Not all stats are copied so it is possible to lose various buffs and modifications that were on the previous unit.

Any global unit variables that pointed at the unit or any groups which contained the unit will have to be updated so as to contain the new unit (the resulting unit from the replacement).

Level 4
spell is named Robo-mode and its Tinkers ultimate spell in skirmish. Its just like metamorphosis but it hasnt got duration and you could transform back to normal form without any time limits (well if you change gameplay constants you could go back from metamorphosis too)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.