• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Doodad creation with tower art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on my very first map (a simple first project similar to human3 from the original W3:RoC), and I wanted to have a large tower as the final destination in the little FeEx quest that is the core of the map's plot flow. I couldn't find a doodad that looked like the human Scout Tower, so I ended up trying to make a custom doodad using the art assets the human towers use. Now I have my doodad and it's nicely resizable, but...

A) I can only rotate it in certain increments. Is this normal?
B) More importantly, it's appearance rotates, both in the WE and in game, between the scout tower and the cannon tower. WTF? What is causing this odd behavior and how do I put a stop to it?

Level 6
just make your scout tower a building, change up its Scale (that makes it bigger or smaller)
much easier than making a doodad.

A) yes its normal, its a building so it cant rotate like a doodad model can.
B) just go with making it a building.

Status
Not open for further replies.