• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cross-Map save/loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was just wondering how difficult it would be to be able to save/load heroes on one map then load/save them on another? Is it as simple as using the same save/load trigger on both maps and copying the items/units from one map to the other? Or is it more complex then that? Also if there is a certain save/load trigger you would recommend (or one you need) I would be glad to hear it!

Level 28
You just need the exact same system with the exact same setup and then it can load characters from one map to the other.
There's really nothing special, because a savecode is just a list of data. If the data is set up the same way and loads the same way, then no matter where you use it, it will always work.

Nestharus was working on a save/load system, this one. It's a complete pack of everything you need for a nice Save/Load system.
The 2 most-used, simple Save/Load systems are probably Acehart's (download link at the bottom of that post) and TriggerHappy's (though I cannot find his system anywhere, am I confusing 2 people with each other?).
There was another one that was completely GUI, but I forgot its name... may remember it later :)

Level 9
You just need the exact same system with the exact same setup and then it can load characters from one map to the other.
There's really nothing special, because a savecode is just a list of data. If the data is set up the same way and loads the same way, then no matter where you use it, it will always work.

Nestharus was working on a save/load system, this one. It's a complete pack of everything you need for a nice Save/Load system.
The 2 most-used, simple Save/Load systems are probably Acehart's (download link at the bottom of that post) and TriggerHappy's (though I cannot find his system anywhere, am I confusing 2 people with each other?).
There was another one that was completely GUI, but I forgot its name... may remember it later :)

Wow thank you so much this all helps a lot!

Level 6
save system

thank you ap0calypse for saying him for that system i seraching for save system over 3 weeks and didnt find any then neltharuses but now this is EPIC works good in game tested it and definetly using for my map +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.