• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cross map portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi I have been looking in forums but didn't found this anywhere.

Im run into a bit specific situation I would like to make 2 maps connect to each other like in founding of durotar where I enter portal on map 1 and end on map 2 and entering portal on map 2 return me to map 1.

If someone know how to do this pls help.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You would need something like below where the unit enters a region, the next map is set, then the game ends. (I'm not sure of the right triggers but the below should work)

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set the next level to Maps\MapName.w3m
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
If you are using this in a campaign then the above won't work, at least I don't think it will.

Level 1
Hi and thanks for replay it actualy didn't help me when unit enter region everything lag for few sec and then just go back to warcraft starting menu.

What im trying to do is lets call them map X and map Z there is location xy on map X if unit stand in that region map end all things on map are saved (except that unit) and that unit move to map Z with saved things it carry from map X if unit enter xy region on map Z same thing happen and unit is send back to map X

Sorry for spelling eng is my 3rd language learning it for only 1 year now

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Check out the tutorials section for anything related to making a Campaign. What you want to do should be explained in one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.