• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Critter capture the flag!

Shall I add more Mini Games and make this a collection of Mini games or not?

• Yes. More Mini Games in this one map please.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No. Critter Capture the Flag is enough.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Critter Capture the Flag
Have you ever played Capture the Flag? Then Read on!
You haven't? Read on to find out!
Critter Capture the Flag was inspired by my friend who is obsessed with Critters. And Capture the Flag was just a fun mini game I usually like playing in real life with my friends.

Triggerer: noob
Terrainer: AnSha
Unit Idea: T0t4l-Ka0u5
Unit Maker: TheAncient
Item Maker: Probably no Items
Ability Maker: TheAncient
Beta Testers: Empty
Of course, even if the spots you want is not empty, if you show me a sample of your work and I like it, you will be included.

Units:
All the Critters Of course. With abilities that suits them. Like for a deer, it could have "Kick" a 1/2 Second Stun. A Fel Boar might have a burning shield thats kind of like evasion. All critters will have 0-0 attack and 1 Life, so it would be like, as soon as you attack another animal, he would be sent back, but take no damage, unless he is on he's teams area. And for the special parts of the map, like there is forest arena, City arena, etc etc. Where different Creatures will get different advantages, and of course, because of this, the arenas will be randomed AFTER you pick your type of critter.
Sheep: Kick, Natural Dodge (30%)
Frog: Dive, Natural Dodge (20%)
Pig: Mud Roll, Natural Dodge (20%)
Rabbit: Rabbit Run, Natural Dodge (30%)
Raccoon: Hide in Tree, Natural Dodge (20%)
Dog: Smell Track, Natural Dodge (20%)
Fel Boar: Hell Bolt, Natural Dodge (10%)
Dune Worm: Dig, Natural Dodge (20%)
Deer: Kick, Natural Dodge (30%)
Owl: Rat Eater, Natural Dodge (20%)
Seal: Fast Swimmer, Natural Dodge (20%)
Penguin: Slow Walker, Extreme Fast Swimmer, Natural Dodge (35%)
Hawk thingy: Zoom Zoom, Natural Dodge (30%)
Rat: Irritating Bite (slow, Long Range), Natural Dodge (45%)
Lizard: Skin Shred (Has Evasion Ability, 100%, loses ability after one skin Shred)
Shell Thingy: Hard Skin (Dodge - 60%), Very Slow Walker
Crab: Bad Sight, Pincers (stun, Ranged), Fast Swimmer, Natural Evasion (20%)
Sea Bird thingy: Crab/Shell Eater, Zoom Zoom, Natural Evasion (20%)

Terrain:
I will be working on that, keep in mind there is going to be juking spots where you can hide, and little obvious but kinda secret spots/shortcuts I will keep no secret cheats as that would just ruin the whole game.

Triggerers:
Arenas random Trigger
Some kind of Variable setting for all the players
Like 'Set P1Critter = Sheep', and then through out the game it will just be Sheep. But for those who does not like their critter or misclick or found a disadvantages glitch for their critter, then they can use -repick (all players can only do this once)
And also make it so when the 1st teams flag get to 2nd team flag area, 2nd team gets a point, you can't pick up your own flag, once you attack the person with the flag and are trying to get away, you can just attack with the 0 - 0 damage and then he will be sent to his base and the flag will be sent back.
And a Point system for people to vote like, every game they get to vote how many points needed to win.
So if you want to help then :) All are welcome.
NO MORE REPICK OR PICKING YOUR OWN CRITTER.
Because all critters has their advantages and stuff, everyone's Critter will be RANDOMED. *Smiley Face*

Last edited:
Level 3
AnSha 3 colours is maximum because i really can't read with all that colours in there.

Edit: idea seems fresh and good, i hope you get a nice team members

Level 3
Alright everyone, I will edit the needs of Unit/Ability, and noob, ur needs will come in when TheAncient finishes the units/abilities

Level 19
Looks pretty interesting, I wonder if it's possible to have different skills for each critter hehe, because some have similar skills ><

Level 3
Would anyone else like to help me with this project?

{EDIT}
Yes Foxy But I can't really think of what, would you like to think about it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
abilities do not always need to be the special trait. things like speed, hp, attack speed, blah bla blah work too.

since the average stats for them all should be about the same, just minor changes like that would make a big difference.

Level 3
If you see this post and you want to help, remember, we can always use more help from everyone, thanks :)

Level 5
Need some idea? I got one!

- Maybe dog can dig dune worm hideout (Dog good at digging)

why don't you add more animal? (I know, that already a lot)
here a couple of idea of animal :

- cat : enemy of dog, scare enemy, dodge 75%
- cow : bell ring (create a sound so that enemy get distracted), fat (dodge -85%)
- chicken : give an exploding or spawning team egg, dodge 30%

hehe, that only few idea, but maybe it help! It's your map anyway...
EDIT :

reading foxy post make me an idea, yes I bother you enough, sorry :

Idea :

- deer or sheep, instead of kick, maybe you could make eat grass
- make more flying unit, if you make eagle, make a hunt ability : he come near the land to attack animal
- sea bird, do you have water in your map? If so make a hunt for fish ability
- about seal, they can walk right?Make them extra slow, slower than penguin
- I like the ability of owl.... but make the range of owl at night extra large
- give frog the ability to hop to, not swim (I guess)
- some animal like rat, dodge change is greater than 50%, but make a high evasion animal less health

That's it for now, hope I don't bother you to much...

Level 3
Fantastic Ideas:
Ideas I will Use:
Dog probably won't be able to dig up bugs because he has the Smell Ability to track down animals!
Chicken: Eggs, How about Egg up Chicks Ability? yellow smaller sized tinted chicken :D
Owl already have a superior vision in night (this also made his day vision incredibly sad..)
Frog, Great idea, Hop!
Yes but rat also has a nice windwalk ability, 300 movement speed, only 2 Seconds windwalk though :p
No! You do not bother me at all, I am open to all ideas
Cat seems nice
Same for Cow

Level 5
You want another idea?
Firstly, animal:
Spider : Web Shoot (Stun), and Dodge 20%
Bat : Hyper-Vision (Can see any other animal), Bad Eye (Dodge -25%, and bad eyesight)
Parrot (This on I Extremely Like) : Copy other animal ability, Dodge -35%
Kangaroo : Kick or Throw Rock (Stun), Hop Slow, Dodge 15%
Vulture : Eat Flesh, Dodge 25%
Armadillo : Protect Body, High Armor, Dodge -15%
Chameleon : Copy the Environment, Invisibility, Dodge 0%

About the Parrot, Maybe too much? Hehehe

Last edited:
Level 3
Chamillion sounds like a great idea, I can make a hide that works for both day and night
For The Bat, Every 5 Seconds he can launch a hyper sound (something that clears warfog) and that will last for 5 seconds!
And Miss_Foxy Are you any good with triggers?

Level 3
Btw anyone can help me with this project, with ideas, triggers, anything you want.

Level 3
Actually I think the Parrot is a great idea, but just don't know how I can accomplish it. But I know it is possible as I seen it before from DotA.

Status
Not open for further replies.