• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Critical Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okay my map opens in the editor but when I try and play it I get a critical error anyone know anything that may cause it?

Level 2
It could be something to do with the Pathing or your ground texture of one of your units or buildings. I had a problem like that once where I changed the pathing or the ground texture it I had a critical error as well.

Level 13
Okay I got this damn error again and I didn't do anything I went and tested the newly added stuff went back to the editor to add more damage to the towers and give the creeps less life and than when I went back to see if it was more balanced out it wouldnt open in warcraft 3

Level 9
Sometimes, this is caused by corrupted import files. I've experienced this already when I imported a corrupted model and caused my map to be unopenable again.

Level 13
well I can open it in the editor just not the game
so I have to add in 1 unit at a time to figure out what unit is messed up?

Check triggers, maybe you created infinite loop!
That will crush your game!

Example:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
    • Actions
      • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
      • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
      • Hero - Create Claws of Attack +15 and give it to (Triggering unit)

Level 13
Nope got no loops, who would make a loop like your example anyways? Well I guess if someone isn't thinking at the time it is possible.
Sephiroth1234 is probaly right though it wouldn't make sense as well cause I was working with all the models and icons for over 2 weeks before it happened.
Would a there be a chance if a SD is messing up and save map on Set SD card have the chance to cause it?
Cause my aunt keeps just pulling my SD card out and thats where it was saved. And just pulling the card out like that can effect the card so maybe the map as well?

Level 13
Nope got no loops, who would make a loop like your example anyways? Well I guess if someone isn't thinking at the time it is possible.

Sometimes you don't see it so easily.
If you execute a trigger that executes another etc. until it starts the first one again.

But for your problem:
Do you get the error while loading the map in game? Does it occur every time you play?
Try to reproduce it by doing everything possible in your map.

Level 19
Okay my map opens in the editor but when I try and play it I get a critical error anyone know anything that may cause it?

there are billions of reasons and we can't help you much unless you upload your map or post your triggers and imports here
there are many threads about this already and the smartest aproach is to disable triggers until you stop getting errors (or enable triggers until it stops working)

if you got a corrupted model the editor should be unable to open the map, too
if you got a mac you might have compressed textures/icons which makes fail os fail

Would a there be a chance if a SD is messing up and save map on Set SD card have the chance to cause it?
Cause my aunt keeps just pulling my SD card out and thats where it was saved. And just pulling the card out like that can effect the card so maybe the map as well?

usually the file would be so messed up that you could not open it in the editor
but there also is a chance that the sd card will suffer damage beyond repair (happend to my sister once, even formating didn't bring the device back to life) so you really should force your aunt to properly remove file storage devices

Level 13
Sometimes you don't see it so easily.
If you execute a trigger that executes another etc. until it starts the first one again.

But for your problem:
Do you get the error while loading the map in game? Does it occur every time you play?
Try to reproduce it by doing everything possible in your map.
Only thing I have left to do to remake it is finish putting in the correct path for the models and place the rest of the selectable heroes.

As for when it happens it when I'm in the loading screen. I would say about 85% Loaded than BOOM! kick out and have a Critical Error Message.

Level 7
Might just be whatever World Editor your using. I know a lot of people get critical errors and can't open their maps when they've played around with WE Unlimited, or something alike and out of date.

With that said, I doubt thats the case. You don't seem like someone capable of screwing up that hard.

Level 13
I'm using the Default editor cause I don't find a point in me using JassNewGen when I don't know how to use Jass.
As for WE Unlimited never heard of it till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.