• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello smart people of the Computer Tech Section..

First, I'm Dutch, so any computer-related words are translated, and will therefor probably not be the same as on an English computer.. Sorry for that, but I hope it will not be of any problem..

Since I am not the smartest of people and especially not with stuff like this..
Yesterday I had a strange day.. background information isnt important, ill just tell the things I think matter..
Yesterday when I came home I took my laptop, turned it on, and tried to do some stuff.. When it became slow, I thought it was time for a reboot. So i clicked on reboot, waited until the on/off light was off, and waited for it to go on again.. Well it didnt.. It was totally DEAD.. Even though it was plugged in the wall socket it didnt show the light which it normally does when it is.. Just plain dead..
I found out that my USB bluetooth device, which was plugged in my laptop, broke in my bag, I dont know wether it was totally broken or just the casing.. but i didnt want to take a chance so I took it out..
Well after some minutes the lights got back on and I could startup again.. seemed that it had a system error.. It wanted to recover the system using recovery points from the past (which you can also do manually normally), but it couldnt, which was because it didnt have any recovery points, I found out later..
So I canceled the whole process and made it boot normally.. Immediately ran some stuff like AVG, CCleaner, Defrag, and other things.. But now, it is slow as shit.. seriously probably half the speed of which it was before..

So, do you guys know anything I can do, besides reinstall my Windows or such, to speed it up again.. I looked around and Windows said that it was a problem with my graphics card.. I tried to update the driver and stuff.. but it also didnt work..

Basically, 3 questions:
- Why did it crash/whatever, any suggestions?
- What can I do to speed it back up?
- Did I make any obvious grammar/spelling mistakes?

Specs: (hopefully it is enough, otherwise just ask..)
Acer Aspire 5102WLMi;

AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-50 1.6Ghz (Processor)
2GB RAM (1.87GB available) (RAM,duh)
ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
Running Windows 7 Home edition x32..

That is about the only usefull info I could find..

I hope any of you guys can help me out, I would really appreciate it as i had about 3 anger attacks while making this message because FF got stuck a shitload of time just because I had a digital dictionary, MSN, FF and some Explorer stuff..

Thank you.. :)

Yixx..

Level 22
Could be a virus, because you said your computer got slow before you rebooted and was still slow when it came back on. I doubt it's your graphics card unless you're noticing something strange when playing games.

Level 19
I had this problem once on my old computer Windows XP, it occurred the same way you described it, but after I reformatted the entire thing, it was okay, you might want to try it... The computer also ran slower and had auto-shut downs happening at that time...

Level 13
The best thing you can do is just format and reinstall windows (which should be done every half year anyway :/)

It can be software crap which is not completly removed
bad drivers, a virus

it could be anything.

Just save all the important data on a flash drive and then format windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.