• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Copy paste many things from a map to another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, as the title suggests, I would like to know if there is any easy method to copy-paste over stuff from a map to another, from terrain, abilities, objects, triggers. World editor doesn't allow me to open two maps at once nor two instances, and the clipboard can't hold more than 1 item at a time. So... any tools available?

Level 9

You could export the object editor data/trigger data to a new map in whole...

But other than that... copy/paste is the only way I know for the purpose of implementing things (e.g spells).

Note: if you are loading maps slowly / creating units slowly, go to Window -> Brush List and deselect it to optimized load time and creating units.

Level 14
or if you already have objects in your editor and dont want to overwrite them
then just open both the maps and go to window -> your other map and press control v when copying from your other map, this way you dont have to open your map again everytime....

Level 2
Switching from window to window also takes ~5-10 seconds. The exporting is a good tip. Thanks!

Level 14
Switching from window to window also takes ~5-10 seconds. The exporting is a good tip. Thanks!

not if you already have data :) then changing window is probably the fastest way, but since you haven't, importing does fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.