• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Copy Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
How can I copy the animation of a model. Let's say i have a model with spell animation. i want to make a new animation with the exact same motion with the spell animation but in different key frame. Mdlvis can copy frames but only one by one. I want to copy the whole pack.

Don't ask me why i wanna do it, or don't tell me to just use the original spell animation. I want to copy the whole animation.

Level 27
Use Retera's matrix eater.

Use the model in mdl format and make two copies of the same model. You will use the simple import tool to do this, the tool has three slots.

The first slot is for the mesh of the model.
The second slot is for the model with the animation that you want to add.
The third slot is for the final model.

You select in the menu the animation to transfer and were you want to save the new model. Save in the third slot.

Something like this.

Footman 1 the body
Copy Footman 1 for the animations
Copy Footman 2 is the final model with the new animation.

The transfer will work because the models have the same skeleton.

Level 27
Thanks ol chap

EDIT: Wait, will I just end up with a model having the original animation? I need to somehow move the keyframe because it will be overwritten.

The model with end with a copy of the animation added to the total of frames in the model, something like.

Your model frames: 20000, and your spell animation has 1333, this information is added to the total number of frames in the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.