• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Converting Advanced (WeU) GuI triggers to JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
WeU advanced triggers are simply jass functions made to be used in GUI..If you convert one of those actions to jass they should still work without having to open the map in WeU i guess.
but you still need the script implented into the map by WeU.

Just to confirm this, Diablo is right. WEU adds extra GUI functions by loading an MPQ (might be a nice thing to make a tutorial for). Basically, GUI functions are stored in a specific file in the map as well as included in the map script as JASS. So when the WE goes to open a map and it finds some data in that other specific file that it can't find, it crashes. If you convert everything to JASS, the extra data won't be added to the file containing GUI info and the map will be able to be opened in the regular World Editor.

Level 11
Once, i tested a spell that i downloaded. I was sure it used the 'Any unit damaged' event from WEU, but when i opened the map, it didn't crash, instead, there weren't any events for the trigger. Like WE simply ignored WEU actions/events.
But i'm not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.